+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extension for parents

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Hello,

My mom is currently in Canada with me in a visitor visa. This is her second visit. Her six months ends on April. I would like to either apply for her extension or a super visa. I'm living with rest of my family as PR.

Is it possible to apply supervisa while she's within canada ? I saw in the IRCC website that it must be applied from outside of Canada.

So I decided to apply for her visitor visa extension. I'm not sure how long i can extend . I'm looking for 1 year extension. Please help if you guys has ever been in this situation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

My mom is currently in Canada with me in a visitor visa. This is her second visit. Her six months ends on April. I would like to either apply for her extension or a super visa. I'm living with rest of my family as PR.

Is it possible to apply supervisa while she's within canada ? I saw in the IRCC website that it must be applied from outside of Canada.

So I decided to apply for her visitor visa extension. I'm not sure how long i can extend . I'm looking for 1 year extension. Please help if you guys has ever been in this situation.
Supervisa must be applied from her home country. Too early to apply for an extension but when you do you can ask for 1 year. Whether you get it is up to the visa officer.