+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extended

canadiannew

Mar 27, 2008
Hello all,
I have extended my visitor visa-which was multiple entry and now they sent me a paper with extension for 6 months and I must go on medical examinations,but on that paper is written the following: THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY,and my boyfriend and I want to go on vacations outside Canada,perhaps Mexico,but,can I leave and entry again in Canada?!
I really do not understand this?!
Can somebody help me,please?!
Thank you

canadiannew

Mar 27, 2008
Well,if anybody is in similar situation,I called the immigration and basically if you extend your visitor visa you get from them only extension of staying in Canada,not actually extension of visa-they explained to me that this is two different documents and that only you can get a visa outside Canada,so,stay in Canada as long you have en extension and enjoy.
Thank you all for this great forum and this is really helpful and I am hoping that my reply will also help somebody.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canadiannew said:
Hello all,
I have extended my visitor visa-which was multiple entry and now they sent me a paper with extension for 6 months and I must go on medical examinations,but on that paper is written the following: THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY,and my boyfriend and I want to go on vacations outside Canada,perhaps Mexico,but,can I leave and entry again in Canada?!
I really do not understand this?!
Can somebody help me,please?!
Thank you
If you require a TRV (visitor visa) to enter Canada, you can travel to the US and St. Pierre et Miquelon and return to Canada within the validity of your visa. If you travel to Mexico, you would require either a multiple entry TRV or a single entry TRV to enter Canada, unless you are from a visa exempt country.

It would have been really helpful is state what your citizenship was, then you would get a better answer.

PMM

canadiannew

Mar 27, 2008
Thank you for reply and sorry because i had not been precise with my question and i have another (actually several) so if you or anybody who knows anything about the following can help me,I will appreciate it.
Well,my situation is that I am on first extension of tourist visa and i am from non-exempt visa country and I sent the documents for second extension and I am waiting for that now, living with my boyfriend and in October will be one year our living together and than we will became common in law partners,but,my boyfriend is on working visa and sent his documents and applications in the end of October 2007 so we are waiting for his PR and I am just wondering what can we do now,not to waste any time?
Does anybody have any suggestions?
Should he need to send the letter to immigration office and notify them about changing his status and with that all my documents for PR?
And,by the way,how much should I pay for PR 490 or 550 CAD?
I read a lot about common in law partners,here and on cic site,but I did not find the answers,so,please,if anyone was in similar situation,what did you do?
Thanks everybody