+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Ext.

A13

Aug 24, 2021
I applied for my parents visitor visa extension in May 2021before their visa expired. but they had to leave for home country for a month while their application was still in process. now they are back again last month. I have now rcvd the approval letter for their visa extension application and the immigration has asked for their medical as well.

Since they re entered Canada in September, will their visitor record approval till 11-december-2021 will apply, or will their new entry will be considered and they can stay till march (6 months period).

In any which case, should I still get their medicals done. pls advice.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
I applied for my parents visitor visa extension in May 2021before their visa expired. but they had to leave for home country for a month while their application was still in process. now they are back again last month. I have now rcvd the approval letter for their visa extension application and the immigration has asked for their medical as well.

Since they re entered Canada in September, will their visitor record approval till 11-december-2021 will apply, or will their new entry will be considered and they can stay till march (6 months period).

In any which case, should I still get their medicals done. pls advice.
Hi - when a person leaves Canada then they cease to be a visitor, so the latest entry into Canada would be their newly generated visitor status. That's six months unless otherwise indicated. You should probably fulfill their medical request in order to avoid any confusion in the future.

You should retain the air ticket information from the last entry, or any other evidence confirming their travels should it ever be questioned regarding their status or the medical request.

If you make life simpler for IRCC then it's harder for them to make yours more difficult. If your parents are wintering in Canada then they must love you very much.