+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa exepmt - NEED HELP

walid-lid

Jun 20, 2013
Hi,

I have italian passport I came to Canada on October 2011 as a VISITOR for 6 months. The agent asked many questions , and finally he asked me if I want to work in Canada ! I thought it's a trap because I heard I'm not allowed to work so I said no I want only to visit , then stamped my passport (accepted) at the airport entry.

Now I heard that I could have obtained a work permit if I said yes !! because it seems that if someone is from country (like Italy) and who intend to stay in Canada for longer than 6 months can get a work permit ( *** BUT I don't know if that work permit needs work contract or not *** ).

Now it's August 2013 and I'm still a student since January 2012, I will fail this year and I'm so deseperate , please tell me if I can get a work permit because I'm visitor visa exempt... I can't apply for off campus work permit because my grades are poor and I stoped going to school. My study permit is open until october 2014.

THANK YOU ALL BROTHERS WHO WILL HELP ME.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

walid-lid said:
Hi,

I have italian passport I came to Canada on October 2011 as a VISITOR for 6 months. The agent asked many questions , and finally he asked me if I want to work in Canada ! I thought it's a trap because I heard I'm not allowed to work so I said no I want only to visit , then stamped my passport (accepted) at the airport entry.

Now I heard that I could have obtained a work permit if I said yes !! because it seems that if someone is from country (like Italy) and who intend to stay in Canada for longer than 6 months can get a work permit ( *** BUT I don't know if that work permit needs work contract or not *** ).

Now it's August 2013 and I'm still a student since January 2012, I will fail this year and I'm so deseperate , please tell me if I can get a work permit because I'm visitor visa exempt... I can't apply for off campus work permit because my grades are poor and I stoped going to school. My study permit is open until october 2014.

THANK YOU ALL BROTHERS WHO WILL HELP ME.
1. No, there is no such program.
2. If you can't find an employer with an approved LMO, then it is time to go home.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you study harder so you don't fail. If you are concerned about failing I would forget about getting a job or working just focus on your studies.

mastmunda.longi

Mar 6, 2013
hi....i wanna ask that can we attach two invitation letters in one tourist visa appication.As one is canadian citizen 19 year old and she is student n wanna invite me on her sisters birtday party and second one is on work permit n wanna visit me my mother n my grandfather to visit him.we r just frnds.....any advice?