+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Entry to Canada

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
That is fucked up. I would happily pay taxes if they allowed me to hire my sister and bring her here, but they won't. Anyway. I will get here and say she is staying for five months. And whatever they decide. Nothing else I can do. Thanks
Appears that was your goal from the beginning

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand. She is allowed to stay six months. as long as she gets out of here before the six months. I don't see the problem.
As already stated length of stay is always determined at the border which is why I asked about personal funds to cover her costs for a longer period of time. Many people are unaware that being granted a TRV doesn’t guarantee a 6 month stay. It is always determined at the border and is based on the ability to support yourself for up to 6 months, whether there are any concerns that you may work while in Canada, whether you have any medical needs that could place demands on the healthcare system and whether you have travel medical insurance (for example if you arrive in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy there may be concerns about your potential desire to give birth in Canada and whether you’ll be able to fund the healthcare needed if you do end up giving birth in Canada), whether you have strong ties to your home country to alleviate any concerns that you will leave when your permit expires (family, employment, property especially a home,etc.). Learning the language is also not something a typical visitor does but a language course for up to 6 months is allowed with a TRV so her goal to improve her language skills is possible just a different reason for her to come to Canada versus visiting her sister and her children.

JLC123

Star Member
May 22, 2021
It appears that was your goal from the beginning
I work full-time as an RN and study, and my wife is a Ph.D. student full-time. And we don't have any family in Canada. I will at least try and hope for a nice officer at immigration. if not. then she will go back and that is all I can do.

JLC123

Star Member
May 22, 2021
As already stated length of stay is always determined at the border which is why I asked about personal funds to cover her costs for a longer period of time. Many people are unaware that being granted a TRV doesn’t guarantee a 6 month stay. It is always determined at the border and is based on the ability to support yourself for up to 6 months, whether there are any concerns that you may work while in Canada, whether you have any medical needs that could place demands on the healthcare system and whether you have travel medical insurance (for example if you arrive in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy there may be concerns about your potential desire to give birth in Canada and whether you’ll be able to fund the healthcare needed if you do end up giving birth in Canada), whether you have strong ties to your home country to alleviate any concerns that you will leave when your permit expires (family, employment, property especially a home,etc.). Learning the language is also not something a typical visitor does but a language course for up to 6 months is allowed with a TRV so her goal to improve her language skills is possible just a different reason for her to come to Canada versus visiting her sister and her children.
Thanks for the reply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is fucked up. I would happily pay taxes if they allowed me to hire my sister and bring her here, but they won't. Anyway. I will get here and say she is staying for five months. And whatever they decide. Nothing else I can do. Thanks
You can actually attempt to hire your sister but she must meet certain requirements that are in general previous experience in the field and proper training/education. Has she been working as a nanny, nurse or teacher? Do you live in Manitoba? Being a sibling of someone living in Manitoba does allow you to sponsor a sibling. Unfortunately many abused allowing family members to be hired as nannies so it has become much harder to hire family members. Many never even worked as a nanny for the family and either didn’t work or worked at another job, many got paid the proper amount by the sponsoring family but then had to repay their family member part of their salary or even the full salary, some charged their family member a fee for sponsoring them, etc. If people hadn’t abused the system then the government likely wouldn’t have had to crack down and make it more difficult.

In terms of sponsoring all siblings it is no longer allowed because many families would have one family member who was highly educated, had a good work history, had savings (or all family pooled their savings into the one sibling’s account) and good English/French language skills but the rest of the family were sponsored to come to Canada without many of these things. It also encouraged families to put all their effort and money into one child which causes many issues. It also wasn’t leading to successful integration into Canada for the rest of the family. Immigration is supposed to benefit both the person immigrating and Canada so if a good portion of the family wasn’t working full-time, developing good English or French language skills and integrating into Canada it wasn’t a successful immigration program. Siblings still get points for having family members in Canada so there are some benefits of having a sibling in Canada but you still need to have enough skills, education, language skills, etc. to be able to live and work in Canada without being dependent on your sibling. You can always help your sister qualify to immigrate on her own by supporting any skills training she may need, helping her research how to best qualify for immigration, network in Canada to try to find opportunities in her field, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I work full-time as an RN and study, and my wife is a Ph.D. student full-time. And we don't have any family in Canada. I will at least try and hope for a nice officer at immigration. if not. then she will go back and that is all I can do.
You basically just confirmed that your sister is coming to help with child care whether full or part-time. If your sister does have a work history as a nanny, teacher or nurse, meets the needed work history and qualifications to come work as a nanny and gets selected as for HCCP and you meet the income requirements to hire a nanny your sister would have a good chance of approval. As a nurse who likely works shift work traditional daycare hours may not work with your work schedule and daycares that provide non-traditional hours can be hard to find. If you are also studying as well and may have classes in the evening that would be another reason for needing childcare outside traditional childcare hours. Nurses being in short supply and being limitted to working certain shifts due to your childcare needs would be another argument. All these arguments are somewhat dependent on your partner’s schedule, whether they need to travel, when do they finish their PhD and what field will they be working in and does that usually require business travel, has rigid working hours or non-traditional working hours.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
And your point is ? So your busy . If you don’t have any family in Canada then you do what others do that need help in the house , you hire someone from an agency, you don’t expect the IRCC to bend the rules for you. It’s not a special situation