+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa entension

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
Hi I have applied for an extension of my parent's visitor visa. My question is if in case the extension is getting refused , will cic give any time frame to leave Canada or its like by the very next day you have to leave.

Please help.

Thanks,
Sunny

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi I have applied for an extension of my parent's visitor visa. My question is if in case the extension is getting refused , will cic give any time frame to leave Canada or its like by the very next day you have to leave.

Please help.

Thanks,
Sunny
A maximum of about 30 days from the date you receive the refusal unless the refusal letter states that they must leave before the expiry of their current status

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
Thanks much. My parents status is expiring on 21st May 2019, and I have applied for the extension on 7-April. By when can I get a decision on the extension ? Any idea, please suggest.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks much. My parents status is expiring on 21st May 2019, and I have applied for the extension on 7-April. By when can I get a decision on the extension ? Any idea, please suggest.
If they applied online, it's about 60 days currently.

If this is their first extension then they will most likely be allowed to extend their visitor status

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
I did a typo in the primary applicant name in the application, although the rest of the documents are perfectly fine . How to correct this? please suggest.. URGENT

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
Thanks much for your help. I have sent an amended request to my to correct my family name in IMM 5708 form.

1. Will I be getting any confirmation that they have received my request through IRCC web form ?
2. Also , is there any chance of my extension application getting rejected for this minor typo ?

Please let me know.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks much for your help. I have sent an amended request to my to correct my family name in IMM 5708 form.

1. Will I be getting any confirmation that they have received my request through IRCC web form ?
2. Also , is there any chance of my extension application getting rejected for this minor typo ?

Please let me know.
Most likely No to both questions.... although the visa office might acknowledge receipt of the amended form

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
Hi,
My application is still not updated with the correct information . Not sure even they are working on the amendment request which I raised through the IRCC web form.
Is there any way we can follow up on this or should I wait till any update on my application is received?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
My application is still not updated with the correct information . Not sure even they are working on the amendment request which I raised through the IRCC web form.
Is there any way we can follow up on this or should I wait till any update on my application is received?
You need to be patient

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
One quick question,
Is there any hidden rule that the sponsor need to submit 2 years of NOA to file a super visa for their parents and grandparents, else their dependents may get just a visitor visa even if you have applied for super visa. ?

Although the cic rules doesn't specify this term and condition in their eligibility. Please suggest.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
One quick question,
Is there any hidden rule that the sponsor need to submit 2 years of NOA to file a super visa for their parents and grandparents, else their dependents may get just a visitor visa even if you have applied for super visa. ?

Although the cic rules doesn't specify this term and condition in their eligibility. Please suggest.
1. There are no hidden immigration rules.

2. Dependent of your parents cannot apply for super visas

sunny4u4270

Jul 3, 2017
The reason I am asking because , I have applied for a super visa for my parents after 3 months reaching here. I met the LICO requirements well above. But still my parents got just a visitor visa instead of the super visa , without any explanation of such changes. I am hearing from some forums that we need to submit at least 3 yrs of NOA to get super visa, else you"ll get visitor visa :( .. its a kind of hidden rule as per them . Not sure
Is it so ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you earn LICO in those 3 months? You can't count future income. NOA proving LICO is usually required. Also CIC likes to see that you have established yourself in Canada and your family isn't moving to Canada with you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The reason I am asking because , I have applied for a super visa for my parents after 3 months reaching here. I met the LICO requirements well above. But still my parents got just a visitor visa instead of the super visa , without any explanation of such changes. I am hearing from some forums that we need to submit at least 3 yrs of NOA to get super visa, else you"ll get visitor visa :( .. its a kind of hidden rule as per them . Not sure
Is it so ?
Again, there are no hidden immigration rules. In fact, IRCC is pretty transparent and even suggests the list of documents to be submitted unlike other countries.

Do go through the Visa Office instructions for their country, and you will see that three years' NOAs are recommended to prove that the host meets the income requirements for super visas = Nothing hidden