+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Doubts and Help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
2. Does it match their salary slips and their tax returns? My brother gets a monthly salary slip as he works for a company and the money in his bank matches with his salary slips and tax returns. I didn't think about it now, but for my sister, as she works in our small family business (under my father's name), she does not get a monthly payslip. But my dad does deposit money to her account. Does she have to show a monthly payslip or her IT returns for the past 2 years is good enough? Or does my dad have to write a letter stating she is working in the family business and get XX amt each month?

3. Do each of them have CAD 8-10,000? Yes, they do

4. Do they have credit cards? Loans? Sadly, they do not own credit cards. They do have debit cards though. Hence, they do not have any credit card debts nor have they taken any loans before

5. Financial investments either available or locked-in? PPF, EPF, FDs, RDs, stocks, mutual funds, etc? I know my siblings have FDs and my brother may have PPF

1. Any other family member that cares for your mother? Or is it just your siblings that live with her? My father will be taking care of my mother while they are away. We also have my paternal aunts and uncles living close by to help my father when they come to Canada.

3. Do your siblings have any other ties that substantiate their return to India? Property or land ownership, for example? No, they do not. Properties have been under my parents' name.

Woah, I thought they had a good profile ... now I'm not so sure ...
Based on this:
1. Don't be in a hurry to submit their applications.

2. Your brother might have a slightly better chance for a TRV approval as compared to your sister.

3. Both of them need to submit their IT returns.

4. Cash deposits from your dad into your sister's bank account won't work. She needs to prove she is a genuine employee in a family-managed business (and this tends to be difficult from the documents point of view.... as documents can be 'created' = Not genuine)

5. With so many family members to take care of your mom.... most importantly, your dad.... this is not a reason for your siblings to return to India

6. Your parents' properties cannot be included as reasons for your siblings to return to India.

7. I recommend that both your siblings build stronger ties before they apply.... or else do apply for only your brother (you may want to post his list of documents following on these posts)

Last edited:
Reactions: student121

student121

Apr 7, 2017
Based on this:
1. Don't be in a hurry to submit their applications.

2. Your brother might have a slightly better chance for a TRV approval as compared to your sister.

3. Both of them need to submit their IT returns.

4. Cash deposits from your dad into your sister's bank account won't work. She needs to prove she is a genuine employee in a family-managed business (and this tends to be difficult from the documents point of view.... as documents can be 'created' = Not genuine)

5. With so many family members to take care of your mom.... most importantly, your dad.... this is not a reason for your siblings to return to India

6. Your parents' properties cannot be included as reasons for your siblings to return to India.

7. I recommend that both your siblings build stronger ties before they apply.... or else do apply for only your brother (you may want to post his list of documents following on these posts)
Thank you, Bryanna, the questions you asked had been an eye-opener!

I will share all these info to my siblings. Since my convocation is fast approaching i.e. in June and for them to attend the convocation was a last minute decision (as my parents were supposed to attend instead of my siblings but due to the circumstances, plans changed. My mother just wanted at least 1-2 family members to be there for my graduation).

I will definitely post his list of documents here, once he has given me all the details.

Thank you once again, Bryanna, for all the help!

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
In addition to all the documents above, also get travel insurance for their stay in Canada just to show that during any medical condition. This helped in my wife's Visitor visa application.