+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa denial - Case specific: Experts, please help!

Apatel22

Nov 14, 2013
Hi
Hello Members,

My parents’ visit visa application got refused on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

The following information will help you to assess the strength of the application:

Application timeline:

1st May: Offline application at VFS Ahmedabad (Gujarat, India) along with biometrics
8th May: Email from CIC on the validity of biometric information (IMM5825)
10th May: Email from CIC with refusal reasons as stated above

Profile:

Father: Business Owner (since last 20 years)
Mother: Homemaker

Overall Assets and its valuation (CAD):

Home: $ 1,36,980
Shop 1: $ 44,220
Shop 2: $ 35,480
Flat: $ 20,000
Agricultural Land: $ 60,000
Gold and Silver: $ 10,000
Sum $ 3,06,680 (₹ 1,53,34,000)

Cash, FDs etc:

LIC: $ 7,105.70
Bond: $ 566.00
FD 1: $ 2,271.64
FD 2: $ 38.42
FD 3: $ 8,000.00
Savings A/C 1: $ 3,043.00
Savings A/C 2: $ 9,294.02
Sum $ 31,238.78 (₹ 15,61,939)

I’m an MBA student in Ontario since Aug 2017 and currently on a co-op term. I will be finishing my MBA in August 2019.
My wife is on SOWP and she flew to Canada in May 2018.

Documents submitted:

Part 1 (from my parents):
- All applicable application forms
- All supporting asset valuation reports
- Business registration and other supporting documents
- Income tax returns
- Bank statements proving enough funds for the trip

Part 2 (from me and my wife):
- Invitation letter: I invited my parents to come to Canada and visit us from 17th August to 20th September 2019
- School enrolment letter stating that I started my course in Aug 2017 and will be completed in Aug 2019. Formal graduation ceremony will be held in October 2019
- My and wife’s Bank account statements
- My study permit, SIN, co-op offer letter, pay slips, passport copies etc
- Wife’s work permit, passport copies, SIN, Health Card etc

Potential concerns from VO’s stand point from my initial analysis (apart from generic reasons that they give in the refusal):

- My parents applied well in advanced (quite early, 3 months before) the travel plan
- Invited my parents from August to September however the school letter notes that the convocation ceremony is in October (My parent's purpose is to visit us and not the ceremony as Diwali is at the same time as convocation and my parents would like to celebrate Diwali in India with relatives and friends!)

Questions:

1. Am I thinking in the right direction from the VO’s pov?
2. Why does VO think that my parents don’t have enough personal assets and financial status to return to home country? Do you think that the assets are not enough to convince VO?
3. My parents have been to Dubai and Thailand on a tourist visa before. My father also has UK Business Visit Visa stamped on his passport however he was not able to travel because of some personal reasons and the visa got expired. Is this not enough to support travel history? (I read some threads where people mentioned about the travels to specific countries however it doesn’t make any sense as somebody has to apply first to any of those countries before applying to remaining “specific” countries?
4. If my parents were to reapply, what changes can affect the decision? Any thoughts?

@Bryanna Any comments?

Thank you in advance!
, we put visitor file for my younger brother and his family on April 30 from ahmedabad because my wife is pregnant so just for baby shower we did all paper work like dr letter , hall booking everything from both side still they got refusal yesterday and even we don’t got any refusal email yet .. when should they sent you refusal email ..any idea ..? I am also planning to apply for gcms note for them .. let me know if some one can help us ..

Milan1211

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hi

, we put visitor file for my younger brother and his family on April 30 from ahmedabad because my wife is pregnant so just for baby shower we did all paper work like dr letter , hall booking everything from both side still they got refusal yesterday and even we don’t got any refusal email yet .. when should they sent you refusal email ..any idea ..? I am also planning to apply for gcms note for them .. let me know if some one can help us ..
Sorry to hear about the refusal.

I received the email even before my parents received their passports. It will be delivered to the email address that you gave while applying. Make sure you check your junk box.

Re, GCMS notes, I read on the CIC website that anyone can apply for the notes who is in Canada. I suggest that you get a consent letter signed from your brother and apply for it.
Link to consent letter: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5744e.pdf

Hope this helps!

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi

you can apply for the notes from the website link provided in my sig. If you are Canada you can apply from ATIP website