+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Decision came in 2 days - Refused

ayushraheja

Feb 23, 2023
No need to hire a lawyer for this, you can do it yourself it's very simple and you just needs to fill a simple form with all your details (webform, below is the link) and write your graviances in the text box (maximum 1500 cractors allow)

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
ok and definitely for once they will have to see the request and then they will decide whether to open the case again or not. I think this is the better option to do rather than reapplying.

toro345

Aug 25, 2018
With GCKey old portal, my parents visa was approved in just 7 business days (application submitted on 28-Jan, Bio on 02-Feb and passport request on 07-Feb, passport stamped on 22-Feb)
Thankyou for sharing. Can you share what details you provided? Eg duration of visit ,nature of funds , ties to country

Reactions: gayfish

toro345

Aug 25, 2018

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Per another user, this form is not helpful if the visa was rejected, any thoughts?
Definitely, it wouldn't be helpful if the refusal is justifiable. It is strongly advisable to submit reconsideration requests only when the applicant feels that his/her refusal is unfair and there's could be an error. Otherwise, IRCC will not give any response

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Per another user, this form is not helpful if the visa was rejected, any thoughts?
I, personally do believe the ircc sees your webform/complaints. however, whatever step they decide on is entirely up to them. if you asked me, i'd say use the webform as a means for your reconsideration request. no lawyers...save yourself some funds.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Regarding family ties - What can we do ? Its a family reunion in canada. Any suggestions ?
Finances we can easily do somthing on that.
If you don’t have family ties in home country, there is nothing you can do. What you want to strengthen are any other ties to return home - job, investment properties, business, pension, tuition and registration for school etc.

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Thankyou for sharing. Can you share what details you provided? Eg duration of visit ,nature of funds , ties to country
Duration of visit : ~5 months
Nature of Funds : My Canada bank statements, Tax statements, Employment details and Parents bank statements and property/ pension/business docs
Ties to Country : Parents property / pension / business docs

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Did they all apply together? If so, rightly refused. Your mother is separate and her own application. Your brother, sister and law and son if under 22 are their own application. No sense to apply for reconsideration. They show their own funds. Your funds are not relevant unless you meet LICO for a supervisa for your mother. Your brother and his family show their own bank accounts, travel history and ties (family and job). What were reasons for refusal?
Hi @Naturgrl,

Could you please help me with below queries ?

My brother-in-law is planning to apply for Canada Visitor visa for himself (Primary), his wife, daughter & his father (means my FIL) as a group.
Do you think, my FIL should apply separate ? He is planning to show Proof of funds for himself and his father in the same doc.

Will it be better for my wife to provide invitation letter or can I do as I have funds in my Canadian accounts?
She is a housewife, will that make any diff for proof of funds ?
Do we see lot of rejections for visitor visas for siblings or it is easy to get approved given right documents ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @Naturgrl,

Could you please help me with below queries ?

My brother-in-law is planning to apply for Canada Visitor visa for himself (Primary), his wife, daughter & his father (means my FIL) as a group.
Do you think, my FIL should apply separate ? He is planning to show Proof of funds for himself and his father in the same doc.

Will it be better for my wife to provide invitation letter or can I do as I have funds in my Canadian accounts?
She is a housewife, will that make any diff for proof of funds ?
Do we see lot of rejections for visitor visas for siblings or it is easy to get approved given right documents ?

Thanks a lot in advance !
FIL is a separate application showing his own funds, while BIL and his family show their own funds. Your wife can provide letter of invitation. Your funds are secondary and may not be considered for BIL. Siblings are approved if show funds, ties to home country (job with approved leave, tuition paid, investment properties etc.) and travel history. Funds should be support length of visit without using all savings.

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
FIL is a separate application showing his own funds, while BIL and his family show their own funds. Your wife can provide letter of invitation. Your funds are secondary and may not be considered for BIL. Siblings are approved if show funds, ties to home country (job with approved leave, tuition paid, investment properties etc.) and travel history. Funds should be support length of visit without using all savings.
Thank you for prompt response, much appreciated !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Duration of visit : ~5 months
Nature of Funds : My Canada bank statements, Tax statements, Employment details and Parents bank statements and property/ pension/business docs
Ties to Country : Parents property / pension / business docs
5 months is way too long for especially your BIL and his family.

Abhsh05

Nov 22, 2022
I applied for a visitor visa on 20th Feb 2023, decision came in 2 days stating assets and financial situation, which is not at all valid. I have shown enough sufficient fund for my two weeks visit and even had the Invitation letter from my real sister.

The same reason i got when i applies last year in Jan-22 and the decision came in 2 days again at that time.

What should be my next steps? Can i file for an appeal? Please suggest next steps
Hi,
Same happened with my brother. He applied with more than sufficient funds. I hired a renowned immigration lawyer for him( waste I guess). He was supposed to accompany my mother( already has a visitor visa and was here in 2022 tower her grand daughter for the first time) as my father cannot due to work commitments. My brother is married and currently studying Law in India.
Not sure if he should reapply.