+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Decision came in 2 days - Refused

ayushraheja

Feb 23, 2023
Not sure if you applied using new portal, try using old GCKey way, as rejections seem to be high with new portal as it seems IRCC use AI for new portal.
yes, used the new portal but if i go into the old portal, there will be already the backlog of old applications and i will keep on waiting for months.

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Can someone guide me the process or the link to submit the reconsideration ?

Below is my story.
Hi All, (Visa refusal)
I applied Visitor visa for my Mother (Principal applicant), Brother, Sister in law and their Son as a group (Currently in India)
Got rejected due to generic reasons today.

It looks like My mothers (Travelled twice before) application has been rejected because it was group, otherwise might have got approved (I assume).
I attached My brothers and sister in laws leave letter from Employer also.
Shown 75000 Cad as funds (From me in Canada) along with their individual bank statements, property tax receipts and ITR.
But still got rejected. Really funny or may be I am misisng something.

Sincerely suggest you go for individual applications if appling for family members.

Anyone has any suggestions on what to do next. Kindly comment.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can someone guide me the process or the link to submit the reconsideration ?

Below is my story.
Hi All, (Visa refusal)
I applied Visitor visa for my Mother (Principal applicant), Brother, Sister in law and their Son as a group (Currently in India)
Got rejected due to generic reasons today.

It looks like My mothers (Travelled twice before) application has been rejected because it was group, otherwise might have got approved (I assume).
I attached My brothers and sister in laws leave letter from Employer also.
Shown 75000 Cad as funds (From me in Canada) along with their individual bank statements, property tax receipts and ITR.
But still got rejected. Really funny or may be I am misisng something.

Sincerely suggest you go for individual applications if appling for family members.

Anyone has any suggestions on what to do next. Kindly comment.
Did they all apply together? If so, rightly refused. Your mother is separate and her own application. Your brother, sister and law and son if under 22 are their own application. No sense to apply for reconsideration. They show their own funds. Your funds are not relevant unless you meet LICO for a supervisa for your mother. Your brother and his family show their own bank accounts, travel history and ties (family and job). What were reasons for refusal?

Last edited:

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Did they all apply together? If so, rightly refused. Your mother is separate and her own application. Your brother, sister and law and son if under 22 are their own application. No sense to apply for reconsideration. They show their own funds. Your funds are not relevant unless you meet LICO for a supervisa for your mother. Your brother and his family show their own bank accounts, travel history and ties (family and job). What were reasons for refusal?
Thanks for the response.
Yes they all applied together as group (May be thats the mistake).
Rejection reason for my Mother is as follows

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

Rejection reason for the rest
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response.
Yes they all applied together as group (May be thats the mistake).
Rejection reason for my Mother is as follows

Rejection reason for the rest
How long was the planned visit? So both need to:

- Show funds to support a visit (bank accounts - liquid funds). How much did they show separately? Your funds are not really relevant especially for your brother. He should be showing his own funds to support a visit for 3 people but not deplete savings.
- Family ties - who are their family ties if all planning to come to Canada. If son didn’t apply then that is tie for your brother and sister-in-law.

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
How long was the planned visit? So both need to:

- Show funds to support a visit (bank accounts - liquid funds). How much did they show separately? Your funds are not really relevant especially for your brother. He should be showing his own funds to support a visit for 3 people but not deplete savings.
- Family ties - who are their family ties if all planning to come to Canada. If son didn’t apply then that is tie for your brother and sister-in-law.
Visit for 1 month.
Together my brother and sister in law showed 20 L INR as FD and bank balance.
Family ties for my brother will be other relatives not a direct but uncles etc, job and properties back in India.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Visit for 1 month.
Together my brother and sister in law showed 20 L INR as FD and bank balance.
Family ties for my brother will be other relatives not a direct but uncles etc, job and properties back in India.
So no family ties. Family ties are spouse and children. So bank balance is 20 L INR (not FD)?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I applied for a visitor visa on 20th Feb 2023, decision came in 2 days stating assets and financial situation, which is not at all valid. I have shown enough sufficient fund for my two weeks visit and even had the Invitation letter from my real sister.

The same reason i got when i applies last year in Jan-22 and the decision came in 2 days again at that time.

What should be my next steps? Can i file for an appeal? Please suggest next steps
What’s the status of your sister in Canada & how’d she get that ?

toro345

Aug 25, 2018
you should apply as soon as possible and you don't need to wait for the notes, just apply notes and then next day submit reconsideration request. but make sure that you need to counter all the refusal reasons with strong arguments and give reference of documents which were submitted and don't include any new document with reconsideration request
Hi , I am in a similar situation. What do you mean by not including any new document.? If i would like to submit a new document ( i.e additional proof of funds - what is the way ?) How long does it take to receive GCMS notes ?

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
yes, used the new portal but if i go into the old portal, there will be already the backlog of old applications and i will keep on waiting for months.
With GCKey old portal, my parents visa was approved in just 7 business days (application submitted on 28-Jan, Bio on 02-Feb and passport request on 07-Feb, passport stamped on 22-Feb)

ayushraheja

Feb 23, 2023
With GCKey old portal, my parents visa was approved in just 7 business days (application submitted on 28-Jan, Bio on 02-Feb and passport request on 07-Feb, passport stamped on 22-Feb)
i used the GC Key, but not sure whether it was old portal or new portal.

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Hi , I am in a similar situation. What do you mean by not including any new document.? If i would like to submit a new document ( i.e additional proof of funds - what is the way ?) How long does it take to receive GCMS notes ?
No you can't include any new document and even they will not consider it, since reconsideration request is another way of appeal so you have to stick with the previous documents and counter the refusal reasons and used the submitted documents as proof

ayushraheja

Feb 23, 2023
No you can't include any new document and even they will not consider it, since reconsideration request is another way of appeal so you have to stick with the previous documents and counter the refusal reasons and used the submitted documents as proof
do we need an immigration lawyer for this or we can do it ourselves?

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019