+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Decision came in 2 days - Refused

ayushraheja

Feb 23, 2023
I applied for a visitor visa on 20th Feb 2023, decision came in 2 days stating assets and financial situation, which is not at all valid. I have shown enough sufficient fund for my two weeks visit and even had the Invitation letter from my real sister.

The same reason i got when i applies last year in Jan-22 and the decision came in 2 days again at that time.

What should be my next steps? Can i file for an appeal? Please suggest next steps

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for a visitor visa on 20th Feb 2023, decision came in 2 days stating assets and financial situation, which is not at all valid. I have shown enough sufficient fund for my two weeks visit and even had the Invitation letter from my real sister.

The same reason i got when i applies last year in Jan-22 and the decision came in 2 days again at that time.

What should be my next steps? Can i file for an appeal? Please suggest next steps
How much funds did you show? Personal liquid funds, not your sister’s.

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022

Apply for GCMS Notes

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Did last year was not useful. Have increased the funds twice this time. Any way to challenge the decision or file for an appeal?
Their are lots of things to be accessed by VIsa Officer to grant Visa
Past Travel History
Income
Home Ties
Ties in Canada
Employement status
Length of Employment

ayushraheja

Feb 23, 2023
I have considered everything and therefore re-applied this time.

can you please suggest me how to file for an appeal or any other way out?

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
I have considered everything and therefore re-applied this time.

can you please suggest me how to file for an appeal or any other way out?
first apply gcms notes and then send reconsideration request through webform... there's no appeal system in IRCC however you can hire an immigration lawyer and file judicial review and that would cost minimum you 8 to10K $ and you have to wait several months and there's no guarantee for positive result

ayushraheja

Feb 23, 2023
first apply gcms notes and then send reconsideration request through webform... there's no appeal system in IRCC however you can hire an immigration lawyer and file judicial review and that would cost minimum you 8 to10K $ and you have to wait several months and there's no guarantee for positive result
Is there any timeline for submitting reconsideration request ? i can apply for GCMS notes, i did the same last year as well but i think that takes time to get the notes and i hope i dont miss the deadline of reconsideration request.

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Is there any timeline for submitting reconsideration request ? i can apply for GCMS notes, i did the same last year as well but i think that takes time to get the notes and i hope i dont miss the deadline of reconsideration request.
you should apply as soon as possible and you don't need to wait for the notes, just apply notes and then next day submit reconsideration request. but make sure that you need to counter all the refusal reasons with strong arguments and give reference of documents which were submitted and don't include any new document with reconsideration request

ayushraheja

Feb 23, 2023
One more thing, is it mandatory to apply for GCMS notes ? or i can apply straightway reconsideration request? also, when i will raise reconsideration request are the visa officers bound to see my request or they can ingore the request as well?

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
One more thing, is it mandatory to apply for GCMS notes ? or i can apply straightway reconsideration request? also, when i will raise reconsideration request are the visa officers bound to see my request or they can ingore the request as well?
not mandatory but it will trigger the process and i can't explain it much but its just a suggestion based on my personal experience and keep this in mind that there's no such guarantee that IRCC will reopen your file but I'm sure they see each request and if they find any error in decision then they will send the case to the senior migration officer for his/her review and his/her decision will be final

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
Not sure if you applied using new portal, try using old GCKey way, as rejections seem to be high with new portal as it seems IRCC use AI for new portal.

ayushraheja

Feb 23, 2023
not mandatory but it will trigger the process and i can't explain it much but its just a suggestion based on my personal experience and keep this in mind that there's no such guarantee that IRCC will reopen your file but I'm sure they see each request and if they find any error in decision then they will send the case to the senior migration officer for his/her review and his/her decision will be final
I think i should raise a request through immigartion lawyer and let's see how it goes from there.