File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
It depends what visa office you applied at. All offices have different times from same day to a few weeks. I imagine if they didn't give u a slip with a time to return they'll contact you via mail, email, or phone to tell u when to go and pick up your passport.

tabitha

Aug 17, 2011
Hello everyone,

I live and work in the UK (British Resident Permit Holder) and want to visit Canada for a week on vacation.
I am actually flying to the US (I have a valid US visitor's visa) and will drive down to Canada with my friends.
I have several questions please which I have not been able to get answers on from the Canadian Embassy London's website.

1. I am currently in full time employment, will my employment contract suffice or do I need to add any other supporting documentation to show that I am employed?

2.Proof of funds: We have booked a hotel near The Niagara Falls and my share of the hotel is about £220 for the week. I am looking at presenting my bank statements with about £1600-£2000. Will that be sufficient please?

3. I want to apply in person at the London office, will I be given a feedback on my application same day? I know they send out your passport back to you by post but will I know whether its been approved or otherwise if I apply in person?

4. Is there some form of checklist that I can get on supporting documentation to take with me? I can't seem to find any on the website.

5. I want to apply as soon as possible. Your urgent responses are highly appreciated.

Thank you

Tabitha

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which website are you referring? You should be looking at this: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/forms_temporary_resident_temporaire_formulaires.aspx

tabitha said:
Hello everyone,

I live and work in the UK (British Resident Permit Holder) and want to visit Canada for a week on vacation.
I am actually flying to the US (I have a valid US visitor's visa) and will drive down to Canada with my friends.
I have several questions please which I have not been able to get answers on from the Canadian Embassy London's website.

1. I am currently in full time employment, will my employment contract suffice or do I need to add any other supporting documentation to show that I am employed?

2.Proof of funds: We have booked a hotel near The Niagara Falls and my share of the hotel is about £220 for the week. I am looking at presenting my bank statements with about £1600-£2000. Will that be sufficient please?

3. I want to apply in person at the London office, will I be given a feedback on my application same day? I know they send out your passport back to you by post but will I know whether its been approved or otherwise if I apply in person?

4. Is there some form of checklist that I can get on supporting documentation to take with me? I can't seem to find any on the website.

5. I want to apply as soon as possible. Your urgent responses are highly appreciated.

Thank you

Tabitha

paulomm

Sep 3, 2011
please,
i have this same doubt
i want to visit Canada as a turist, then if it´s good, maybe apply for a permanent worker (immigration) how sould i procedure?
please, write to me by email?
paulomendonc@hotmail.com
itscoezy?
xty114 said:
Thanks Steaky,Can i apply for work permit while am in Canada?

Tom_Luck

Sep 6, 2011
Hi Everybody,

My TRV visa was approved last October 2010, and i traveled last January 2011 and return to my home country Last February 2011. I' applying again for a single entry visa using the same documents(updated docs ie Banck Certf, Employment Certificate and others) I presented the lat time I was approved. I add the Statutory Common Law form which I did not included in my first application. What is my chances of my application? My common law wife will not accompany me in my travel.

TIA

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
If you got it the first time around and are submitting the same documents, but only including extra the common law form, then I think your chances are pretty good. Your wife isn't accompanying you so that's another reason for you to return. I'd say you'll most likely receive it again without any problems. What visa office are you? My boyfriend also got his TRV granted in Oct 2010 and we're hoping to apply for another one in April or May 2012 (but this time multiple entry). I'm still nervous though because I do also believe that it depends whose desk your application lands on and what kind of a day they're having... With your travel history and return from your previous trip, I don't think u should have a problem. Good luck. Let us know if you're successful again.

Tom_Luck

Sep 6, 2011
tink23 said:
If you got it the first time around and are submitting the same documents, but only including extra the common law form, then I think your chances are pretty good. Your wife isn't accompanying you so that's another reason for you to return. I'd say you'll most likely receive it again without any problems. What visa office are you? My boyfriend also got his TRV granted in Oct 2010 and we're hoping to apply for another one in April or May 2012 (but this time multiple entry). I'm still nervous though because I do also believe that it depends whose desk your application lands on and what kind of a day they're having... With your travel history and return from your previous trip, I don't think u should have a problem. Good luck. Let us know if you're successful again.
Thanks tink23, I'm crossing my fingers.

Tom_Luck

Sep 6, 2011
Hi Everybody,

I have another question. According to the website, it is suggested to apply at least to months before the intended departure. I have submitted my application September 5 and my date of travel is on the first week of October, since that was the approved dates that my company given me. Does my chances of getting approved decrease?

Thanks in Advanced

Tom_Luck

Sep 6, 2011
Tom_Luck said:
Hi Everybody,

I have another question. According to the website, it is suggested to apply at least two months before the intended departure. I have submitted my application September 5 and my date of travel is on the first week of October, since that was the approved dates that my company given me. Does my chances of getting approved decrease?

Thanks in Advanced

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tom_Luck said:
Hi Everybody,

I have another question. According to the website, it is suggested to apply at least to months before the intended departure. I have submitted my application September 5 and my date of travel is on the first week of October, since that was the approved dates that my company given me. Does my chances of getting approved decrease?

Thanks in Advanced
Where does it suggest to apply at least two months before intended departure? As far as I know, some visa office process 14 days only. If you want increase rate of approval, submit as much proof as per checklist as possible.

Tom_Luck

Sep 6, 2011
steaky said:
Where does it suggest to apply at least two months before intended departure? As far as I know, some visa office process 14 days only. If you want increase rate of approval, submit as much proof as per checklist as possible.
Thanks steaky, its in Canadian Embassy of the Philippines Website.

Tom_Luck

Sep 6, 2011
Hi Everybody,

Is invitation letter essential to the application? Since this is the second time that I apply for TRV, I did not ask my brother for the invitation letter. I just place my application as Tourism(Visit my brothers place and friends)

TIA