+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa chances

Baskin

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Hello there
I want to apply for Canada visitor 10 years visa. I know a Canadian friend who can invite me, he even can come with me to the embassy as he's here now. I've been before to USA on visitor visa, student visa plus I've been to Europe twice. I never overstayedmy visa except last time when I was in USA 8 years ago when I applied for change of status 3 months prior to the expiration of my I-94.
my questions are:
- what r my chances?
- will the invitation letter from my friend or him coming with me to the embassy make my case strong?
- is the previous situation in usa has a negative impact?
Thank you

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visitor visas are valid for 5 years or 1 month before the expiration of the passport, whichever comes first.

Baskin

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
CanV said:
Visitor visas are valid for 5 years or 1 month before the expiration of the passport, whichever comes first.
Thanks man, but what about the questions I asked, can you or anyone help me with?
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Baskin said:
Hello there
I want to apply for Canada visitor 10 years visa. I know a Canadian friend who can invite me, he even can come with me to the embassy as he's here now. I've been before to USA on visitor visa, student visa plus I've been to Europe twice. I never overstayedmy visa except last time when I was in USA 8 years ago when I applied for change of status 3 months prior to the expiration of my I-94.
my questions are:
- what r my chances?
- will the invitation letter from my friend or him coming with me to the embassy make my case strong?
- is the previous situation in usa has a negative impact?
Thank you
No one can tell you what your chances are. It depends on how strong of an app you put together, what proof of home country ties you have, what documents you will include etc.

An invitation letter will help but doesn't do much if you can show strong ties to your country. You don't actually go to an embassy at any point in the process; you will either mail the app or submit it online.

The fact that you overstayed in the US will probably have a negative impact on the app.