+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa cancellation and reapply help

candle356

May 22, 2024
Hi everyone, I submitted my application for visitor visa today (22 May) from the UK (I am on a work visa in the UK). In my application, I have explained that I am visiting a friend. So I had to attach a Letter of Invitation.

After submission, I noticed that I had accidentally put the wrong name for my friend on the application. Basically, my Letter of Invitation is from A (my friend's boyfriend who is a citizen) and in my application I put the name B (my friend's name).

I had to get a Letter of Invitation from my friend's boyfriend because my friend is currently in the process of extending her work permit so we were worried her documentation might not be enough to support my application. Which is why we used her boyfriend's invitation (who is a citizen) but I forgot to change her name in the application form.

I was worried IRCC will think I am misrepresenting so I submitted a webform about my situation (I just explained that I committed a mistake and would like to reapply) and also submitted a form to withdraw my application.

It would be great to get help with the following:

A) How long does it take to get a response for the web form? I submitted it on the day of my application.

B) How long does it take to withdraw the application?

C) How can I call IRCC? There seems to be no way to do so outside of Canada.

D) Can I create and submit another visitor visa application without confirmation on whether my current application is withdrawn from IRCC?

Any help on these would be extremely helpful! Have a great day.

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
4-5 weeks.
Submit CIT 0027. Probably takes same amount of time as it would to process the visa application.
You can get a phone app with Canadian number and call.
Once you have submitted withdrawal request, you can submit new one. Make sure to mention and provide withdrawal details in the new application.

I don't know why you would attach a letter of invitation from a friend. It very likely is of no use in your situation. Your application's approval depends on your finances, ties to home country and return tickets primarily.