+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa Canada - applied in February 2022 and still no response

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Why do I hear different things - some people say it's because of my Russian citizenship that my February 2022 application is still pending, some say everyone is experiencing the same???

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
HI all,

SInce it has been a year, I raised a webform + separetly submitted an official complaint. I rececived an automatic reply that reads;

Thank you for your e-mail. It has been received by IRCC LONDON.

Please note that visitor visa (or Temporary Resident Visa) processing capacity in particular has been reduced with resources diverted to priority lines of business, such as the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel, and study and work permits.

Despite our considerable efforts, we know that some applicants have experienced significant wait times with the processing of their applications in all categories and we understand their frustration. We are doing our best to respond to volumes of applications that are much higher than normal and we are working on new measures to address these issues.

Online, my bar is fully grey and the following steps are mentioned:

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
March XYZ 2022 Completed.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

I have 2 important questions:

1) Does the above mean they have started reviewing my application at least?; and
2) Are there still people who applied in February 2022 for a visitor visa and have still not received a reply?

FYI, I applied in the Netherlands and the visa office assessing my application is in London.

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
My parents have been waiting since March 2022 as well, no updates. Russian citizens, working and living in Qatar for many years now.

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Also say maybe in which country you submitted the application and what does the website currently say for you.

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Question - since my application in February 2022, I got married.
If I update this as a new fact in my application, what will happen - will this reset my position in the queue and put me back or this won't change the processing time?

Vayen.

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Question - since my application in February 2022, I got married.
If I update this as a new fact in my application, what will happen - will this reset my position in the queue and put me back or this won't change the processing time?
My Opinion is this will improve your home ties. The downside, it might delay which isn't factual, the upside, your chances of approval increase. I would have sent them the info if I were in your position.

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Today I got some surprisingly good news - after 12 months, visitor visa application is approved!!

Moral of the story, you can't do anything - the London visa office which handeled my application copy pasted the usual bs that they are busy 6 months ago and they haven't responded to my comlpaint yet, but visa request got approved!

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
Hey Alex, was the PPR sent to your mail or you saw it on your portal?
The request for the passport you mean? Online, saw the message through the portal + explanation that people who submitted an online application (such as myself), have agreed to accept all correspondence electronically.