+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Can be converted to dependent Visa being in Canada

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
I think you need to apply first. Then you would get the notice for subsequent activities - biometric, medical, etc.

Last edited:

dmaulesh07

Aug 15, 2019
I have one more question, can my wife stay here with me after her 6th months in canada while her workpermit is under process?

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
I have one more question, can my wife stay here with me after her 6th months in canada while her workpermit is under process?
Yes, as long as she has a valid status here maybe study/work permit, visitor or visitor record, etc. Please note that the in-progress PR application doesn't grant any status.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, as long as she has a valid status here maybe study/work permit, visitor or visitor record, etc. Please note that the in-progress PR application doesn't grant any status.
Only if she extends her visitor status. She should apply before the 6 months is up and it will take a few months to hear back. She can’t leave Canada.

dmaulesh07

Aug 15, 2019
Only if she extends her visitor status. She should apply before the 6 months is up and it will take a few months to hear back. She can’t leave Canada.
But she is already here. she came one month ago. i am applying SWOP now and hope it will come before her stay in canada expires(6 months).

Titi123

Aug 26, 2019
Applied for a visitation visa for I and my son to attend my daughters graduation ceremony in Canada .. we didn’t have the invite from her school yet since she was not done at the time we applied online .. the invite is out now how do we upload this with a webform since we don’t know where our application is been processed. Pls urgent reply needed

@Felix1

Dec 22, 2023
My wife is now applying for student visa to come to Canada and I'm also in Canada but today mark my 6 month and I have also applied for my extension already but I haven't heard from the immigration.

I want to know if it's possible for me to also apply for my spouses open since my wife is apply for study permit. Can anyone help me with this. On the IRCC I saw something that even as you being a visitor who have already spent 6 month already and your partner is now applying for study permit. I the visitor have 90 days of staying in Canada.

I need help to understand this and I will be happy if someone help me out with this.
Thank you