+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Biometrics in Nepal

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
Can some onee provide the address for VFS Global in nepal.

raghu999

May 23, 2017
This is the address.
Visa Application Centre,
3rd Floor, Chhaya Center
Chhaya Devi Complex,
Amrit Marg, Thamel,
Kathmandu,
Nepal

raghu999

May 23, 2017
Hi Raghu,
I have applied for visitor visa for my mom. Please share your experience after getting the biometrics done from Nepal.
The process is very straight forward and easy. Below is the info someone gave me.
1 Travelling from Ahmedabad to Kathmandu
I got information that I might be asked to submit COVID report for my ahmedabad to delhi flight. So I did a covid test from my hometown to be on safer side. Cost Rs. 800 per person. but nothing was asked at ahmedabad airport

Conclusion
No report is required for Domestic travel. even if they ask you can say you will get it done at delhi airport. and do different check in so you can exit delhi airport and get test done at departure counter.
Disadvantage - you will have to do check in 2 times, have to collect luggage and submit again in delhi.

2 Covid Test at Delhi AIrport
I had information that pre booking is required. But pre booking is not required. you can just walk in to gate no. 8 of departure fill the form, pay rs. 800 and give the sample.
report gets ready in 4-5 hours. you get soft copy also but hard copy is must so either you can choose to wait there and take it with you (Best option) or pay the guy some extra amount and ask him to give you report inside.

CAUTION - You won't be able to Check in at Delhi without COVID negative report.

3 filling arrival form for kathmandu (https://ccmc.gov.np/)
air india guys insist most of the time to show barcode which gets generated after filling arrival form.
It also depends on the time. if you are checking in too early then they check but if they are in hurry they usually skips this. Hard Copy is not required. You can show it in your phone.
Nobody checked this form at Kathmandu Airport.

4 Immigration at Delhi
Immigration only starts 4 hour before boarding time. So you will have to wait between check in and immigration point.
Enough sitting is available at delhi airport.

5 Lounges at Delhi
Only 1 lounge is operational at Delhi. Sometime it is closed for night for sanitization. So your Luck plays role here.

6 COVID test in Nepal.
this is the most confusing thing in whole trip.
There are 2 ways to get it done
1 call the guy (number is shared in this group past Padam - +977 981-0253777) cost 2000 INR per person. he collects the sample from your location and delivers the report too
2 go to lab. I went to CDL (centraldiagnosticlabs.com). you can choose any one which is given in the list (https://publichealthupdate.com/polymerase-chain-reaction-pcr-test-for-covid-19-in-nepal/) Cost 1250 INR. reports get ready in 4-5 hours available online also. but physical report can be collected between 7am to 7 pm. can cost approx 300 INR combine both way.

Is it actually required?
because one group who left before us had to face too many issues. I did get my test done. but I showed delhi airport report everywhere and since it was with in 72 hours I did not face any issue.

Conclusion
it is very confusing - There is no clear answer to this.
if you want mental piece then get it done in nepal.
or if you can take bit of a risk then you can save on this.

But if your report is crossing 72 hours then you MUST get test done in Nepal.

7 Departure form for kathmandu
There is a for for departure too. I filled the same and kept it in soft copy. Nobody checked it.

8 Arrival at Delhi
you need to do 2 things here to save time and effort if you have a valid COVID negative report which not less than 72 hours.
1 file exemption for quarantine (https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/covid-19-exemption-international-passenger) passport and -ve report to be uploaded with basic details about you and travel. one form for whole family. It will get approved in 5-6 hours. - Soft copy works everywhere
2 File self reporting form (https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration) Airline will also give you hard copy to file this. hard copy not required if filed online. soft copy of this worked everywhere.

both of the above was checked at delhi airport multiple time. because exemption was pre aproved nobody asked for COVID report at delhi airport.

9 Stay in Nepal.
Stayed at Norbulinka (Rabin +977 985-1069231) INR 4300 for 2 night for 2 people with breakfast. INR. 500 for airport transfer each way. (Getting airport transfer saves lots of time plus it is of the same cost as any other cab)
liked the hotel.
200m from VFS. Good staff. Clean rooms. they provide exchange too at 1.6
breakfast had limited options but taste was good.

10 currency at Nepal.
INR works everywhere. just convert it at 1.6.
nothing should be written on note. currency note upto INR 500 very easy to use. (prefer till 100 also just to be safe) you can pay in INR they will return in NPR)

Hope this helps.

will add if anything more I remember. #copied