+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Before Applying for Spousal Sponsorship (Outland)

akreviews

Jun 21, 2017
Hi Guys.

I'm a Canadian PR since July 2018 but made my permanent move Aug, 2020, and currently living in GTA (Ontario). I got married in 2019 and now my wife is in India. I wish to Sponsor my wife under Spousal Sponsorship. We have 6 years of relationsip before getting married in 2019.

Question: While I'm still collecting documents for submitting Spousal Sponsorship, can I apply for Visitor visa for my wife in the interim? What are the changes of the application getting approved, esp during Covid times. Additional info: My wife is currently working and has more than 6 years of experience in Digital Marketing field.

I'll really appreciate if any of you have tried this approach, or not tried, and can share their experience.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys.

I'm a Canadian PR since July 2018 but made my permanent move Aug, 2020, and currently living in GTA (Ontario). I got married in 2019 and now my wife is in India. I wish to Sponsor my wife under Spousal Sponsorship. We have 6 years of relationsip before getting married in 2019.

Question: While I'm still collecting documents for submitting Spousal Sponsorship, can I apply for Visitor visa for my wife in the interim? What are the changes of the application getting approved, esp during Covid times. Additional info: My wife is currently working and has more than 6 years of experience in Digital Marketing field.

I'll really appreciate if any of you have tried this approach, or not tried, and can share their experience.
You can certainly apply if you meet your RO. Not great odds that she’ll be approved but it doesn’t impact her sponsorship if you get rejected so you should try.

Reactions: akreviews

akreviews

Jun 21, 2017
Thanks canuck78 for your prompt response. I'll evaluate this option and shall apply visitor visa.