+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - August 2018 Applicants - India

ITZKRISH

Sep 12, 2018
I applied through some agent. So i dont know whether he linked my application online or not. I have one more question. I applied open work permit for myself as my husband is in canada on work permit in noc b category. Will my visa be approved along with my daughter or it be reviewed sometime later. As work permit processing time is about 4 months. My daughter is an infant . So she cant travel alone.
is your daughter's TRV application is added as dependent to your application or you submitted two separate applications ?

If you have application number , you can try linking to GCKey or ur husband in Canada can call CIC helpline 1 888 242 2120 to check status ... by using application number and year of birth...

If you applied your daughter's TRV application separately it will be processed before ur OWP...

else if its applied as dependent with your application , it might be delayed along with ur OWP application processing ...

your daughter is not required to travel alone ( if approved ) , you can wait until you hear decision on ur OWP... i don't think your OWP will be processed soon just because your daughter can't travel alone... you need to wait for the decision , no other option...

Last edited:

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
is your daughter's TRV application is added as dependent to your application or you submitted two separate applications ?

If you have application number , you can try linking to GCKey or ur husband in Canada can call CIC helpline 1 888 242 2120 to check status ... by using application number and year of birth...

If you applied your daughter's TRV application separately it will be processed before ur OWP...

else if its applied as dependent with your application , it might be delayed along with ur OWP application processing ...

your daughter is not required to travel alone ( if approved ) , you can wait until you hear decision on ur OWP... i don't think your OWP will be processed soon just because your daughter can't travel alone... you need to wait for the decision , no other option...
Yes my daughter’s trv is applied as dependent along with my application. But two diiferent applications are submitted with different tracking IDs so may my application would be processed early because of her

ITZKRISH

Sep 12, 2018
Yes my daughter’s trv is applied as dependent along with my application. But two diiferent applications are submitted with different tracking IDs so may my application would be processed early because of her
Honestly there is no concrete rule that both should be processed together...
However most of the cases depends on the VISA officer's point of view ... I hope your OWP will be processed faster than regular processing times....

Sep 20, 2018
hey any one know why its taking so much time for Visitor visa from India , I applied for my mother on aug 8 from Delhi and stil no news.

ITZKRISH

Sep 12, 2018
August applicants , anybody received updates ? ..... I guess it's the time for August 1st week and 2nd week Applicants.....

Xplod1313

Sep 21, 2018
Recived this Comunication today
Submission date 26 Aug
Dear *******

Thank you for making your application to visit Canada! We have received a large number of visitor visa applications from clients wanting to visit Canada at the same time as you.

We want to assure you that your application is in process and is proceeding normally. We continue to process the applications as quickly as possible.

ITZKRISH

Sep 12, 2018
Good News for me...

Spouse visitor Visa approved ( Dual Intent , PR Family sponsorship not yet submitted )

Application submitted online on 29th August ... Processed at Delhi
Today received Passport request ... :)

Happy , Happy