+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa approved in 28hrs for Parents!! Wohooo!!

pbcanada

Apr 16, 2015
Friends,
Can you advise me ?
My case is :

I am a permanent resident of Canada along with my wife and son.
We got our PR in July-2014, and stayed in Canada for just three months.
Then we returned back to India and are now in India since Oct.-2014.

Now i am planning to return to Canada permanently in April-2016.
I want my parents to go with me to Canada and stay with me as long as possible.
As i don't have any income in Canada, so i don't fulfill the minimum income condition for supervisa.

Kindly advise, what are my options:

Should my parents apply for multiple entry visa-ten year for Canada.
and also
multiple entry visa-ten year for USA.

so that after every six month stay in Canada they visit USA by road for one day to get break
and return back Canada and then repeat the process after every six months.
until i generate the income required to apply for supper visa for my parents.

Both of my parents are retired from government jobs in India and getting pension in India.
and have property of around CAD$ 100,000 in India.

Kindly advise what should i do now?

regards,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
pbcanada said:
Now i am planning to return to Canada permanently in April-2016.
Should my parents apply for multiple entry visa-ten year for Canada.
and also
multiple entry visa-ten year for USA.
Sure, your parents can apply for MEVs for Canada.... however, the decision to grant single/multiple entry TRVs + the validity of the TRVs is at the discretion of the visa officer who evaluates their visa applications..... most importantly, it will depend on the strong ties that your parents can show to India.

so that after every six month stay in Canada they visit USA by road for one day to get break and return back Canada and then repeat the process after every six months. until i generate the income required to apply for supper visa for my parents.
It does not work this way.

Whether your parents are allowed entry into Canada (each time they return from the US) will depend on the immigration officer they encounter at the border.... if it seems that they are violating the privileges attached to a visit visa by staying in Canada for long duration instead of just visiting then they may be refused entry.

Both of my parents are retired from government jobs in India and getting pension in India. and have property of around CAD$ 100,000 in India.
Your parents strong ties to India can be demonstrated through property/financial situation/employment or business/family/social-legal ties, etc

Stronger the ties to India + good documentation/evidence for the visa applications, the better the chances of being issued TRVs

Hope this helps :)

pbcanada

Apr 16, 2015
Bryanna said:
Sure, your parents can apply for MEVs for Canada.... however, the decision to grant single/multiple entry TRVs + the validity of the TRVs is at the discretion of the visa officer who evaluates their visa applications..... most importantly, it will depend on the strong ties that your parents can show to India.

It does not work this way.

Whether your parents are allowed entry into Canada (each time they return from the US) will depend on the immigration officer they encounter at the border.... if it seems that they are violating the privileges attached to a visit visa by staying in Canada for long duration instead of just visiting then they may be refused entry.

Your parents strong ties to India can be demonstrated through property/financial situation/employment or business/family/social-legal ties, etc

Stronger the ties to India + good documentation/evidence for the visa applications, the better the chances of being issued TRVs

Hope this helps :)
thanks Bryanna for valuable advise.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks, do you know how much time it takes for CIC India to respond on Visa applications.

We submitted online application for TRV (my parents had Visa before which expired) on March 28th. Any ideas?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Their visas will be issued by the visa office in Delhi.... processing time for TRVs issued by Delhi (as per the CIC website) is 6 business days.... this is only indicative

You applied on March 28 (on a weekend)..... then there were several holidays in India in the week before Easter ie March 30/31 to April 6.... hopefully, you'll get an update by next week

butlergerrard

Jan 15, 2015
Applied online for my mom on March 16th 2015 for temp Resident Visa.
My mom is from Punjab.
Received passport request on April 17th 2015.
So on average in Punjab its taking about a month now to get the approval.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
butlergerrard said:
My mom is from Punjab.
Thanks butlergerrard, in that case, I can accept some traction this or next week. This is helpful and thanks for sharing.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
butlergerrard said:
My mom is from Punjab.
Also, butlergerrard, would you mind sharing which office in Punjb did you get PP request? Is it Jalandhar or chandigarh?

butlergerrard

Jan 15, 2015
vinaypuri said:
Also, butlergerrard, would you mind sharing which office in Punjb did you get PP request? Is it Jalandhar or chandigarh?
The letter does not specify any particular visa office. It says go to any nearest CVAC and submit original passport.

creatorzzson

Jan 10, 2015
butlergerrard said:
The letter does not specify any particular visa office. It says go to any nearest CVAC and submit original passport.
My parents applied for the visitor visa on March 30th. Still no revert from embassy. My graduation is at the door now on May 13. Need to buy air ticket as well. Crazy embassy processing time.

Anyone here got visa from Chandigarh consulate for parents?

Bezhan

Apr 20, 2015
Congrats. Question: i am applying for my parents and my 11 years old brother. Do i need to fill out separate TRV application forms for each of them or is one okay. My dad would be the primary applicant. By the way, it would be paper application, not online.

Thanks,

Yienyanz

Jun 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-June-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 7-October-2014
File Transfer...
7-November-2014
Med's Request
12-November-2014
Med's Done....
23-November-2014
Interview........
Waived
I processed an ONLINE application for my mother for a super visa to Canada. We have sent her application from Dubai. She is being sponsored by my sister who is now a Canadian citizen. The application was uploaded on February 24, 2015. Every now and then I receive a notification in the email that the application is updated, but there are no new messages nor changes when I log in.

Does anyone know how to follow-up or does anyone know how long normally this process takes? I know now that the number of days they put in the website, which is 14 days is not being followed.

rajkaushal62

Mar 16, 2015
Yienyanz said:
I processed an ONLINE application for my mother for a super visa to Canada. We have sent her application from Dubai. She is being sponsored by my sister who is now a Canadian citizen. The application was uploaded on February 24, 2015. Every now and then I receive a notification in the email that the application is updated, but there are no new messages nor changes when I log in.

Does anyone know how to follow-up or does anyone know how long normally this process takes? I know now that the number of days they put in the website, which is 14 days is not being followed.

What kind of updates you are getting in online status?? plz mentioned every change in online status.
i applied mine on april 6th but only message i got is apllucation submission. apllication status shows open, with no addiotional docs needed at this time. i thought this online thing will be quicker but its taking too much time.