+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Approved for Girlfriend

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
I can't describe how happy I am right now. After doing a bunch of research after our first application was rejected in December, we tried again two weeks ago. Today she got the visa stamp in her passport!

Everyone I talked to said it was practically impossible, as she is 20 years old, a full-time student with no income, no travel history, and a little funds available to her name.
We presented a solid application backing up all our claims, and showing very strong ties to her country, Peru, and her need to complete her post secondary studies.

People said transferring money to her is a red flag, but I did so and in the end she got her visa approved.

I have spent many many hours preparing a strong application for my girlfriend, and it did give result in the end. If you are telling the truth about your intentions of visiting Canada, than provide all evidence you can to back up your claims.

Now we are looking forward to spend some wonderful two weeks together here in Ontario in July.

If you have any questions, I am happy to answer them.

Chandan0210

May 27, 2017
Hey. Many congratulations. Can you please share what will be her duration of stay and how much funds did you show on your application. Thank you

Last edited:

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
Thank you!
For sure!
My girlfriend will stay in Canada for two weeks. She has one month break from her studies from mid July to mid August. We provided documents from her university, and letters one of her professors, and program coordinator. The document we provided from the university showed what semester she is currently enrolled in, and her expected completion of her degree. It also said that the students had a break from mid July to mid August. As my girlfriend only has one semester to go until she graduates, it wouldn't make sense for her to stay long-term in Canada. We put a lot of focus on her schooling, and explaining how important it was for her to return to Peru at the end of her stay.

She showed funds of $2000 on her application. We included a bank certificate from her bank to show proof of funds. Also, I said that I will purchase her flight tickets for her, when her visa is granted. I showed that I had enough funds to pay for her round trip.

The most important thing to remember when you are preparing your visitor visa application is to really demonstrate that you are telling the truth. Put forward all the evidence you have to back up your claims. If you have good intentions the visa officer will be able to see that.

Best of Luck!

lisa_aaa

Dec 21, 2016
Wow that is awesome! Congratulations!!
I know that obtaining a visitor visa to Canada for your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend, is really hard.
Interesting that she was able to obtain her visitor visa without any previous travel history.

Chandan0210

May 27, 2017
Thank you!
For sure!
My girlfriend will stay in Canada for two weeks. She has one month break from her studies from mid July to mid August. We provided documents from her university, and letters one of her professors, and program coordinator. The document we provided from the university showed what semester she is currently enrolled in, and her expected completion of her degree. It also said that the students had a break from mid July to mid August. As my girlfriend only has one semester to go until she graduates, it wouldn't make sense for her to stay long-term in Canada. We put a lot of focus on her schooling, and explaining how important it was for her to return to Peru at the end of her stay.

She showed funds of $2000 on her application. We included a bank certificate from her bank to show proof of funds. Also, I said that I will purchase her flight tickets for her, when her visa is granted. I showed that I had enough funds to pay for her round trip.

The most important thing to remember when you are preparing your visitor visa application is to really demonstrate that you are telling the truth. Put forward all the evidence you have to back up your claims. If you have good intentions the visa officer will be able to see that.

Best of Luck!
Wish you both all the very best. Congratulations again. Thanks a lot for being a help to others :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Congratulations! You should be happy she can visit, and proud that you pulled it off...her approval in her scenario is very rare.

Alexibra111

Dec 19, 2016
Thanks! Yes I figure that given her circumstances and everything it would be real tough for her to get a visitor visa. Given that she has no travel history, and not much money at all. But I thought from the beginning that we could pull off a strong application, and overcome these concerns. It took a lot of work, but now she will be able to visit Canada during her school break in July/August.

I forgot to mention, that I received a letter of support from my local MP for my girlfriends visa application. I don't know if this had any impact on her visitor visa being approved. But my local MP office did follow up with the visa office in Lima, and made sure the application was processed on time. It took 8 days for her application to be processed. May be something to consider for future applicants to strengthen your application or just to ensure that your application is processed on time.

Reactions: bellaluna