+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Approval Likelihood While Single or Married

Madi667

Jul 7, 2018
Hi all,

a quick question. Im getting married in 2 weeks. I've heard stories that a spouse visitor visa is very likely to get rejected. My question is. Should she apply this week before we get married like she's just going to visit Canada for 2-3 weeks OR wait till we get married then submit both visit and sponsorship applications?
The reason for the visit visa is to avoid the 12 month wait for the sponsorship

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

a quick question. Im getting married in 2 weeks. I've heard stories that a spouse visitor visa is very likely to get rejected. My question is. Should she apply this week before we get married like she's just going to visit Canada for 2-3 weeks OR wait till we get married then submit both visit and sponsorship applications?
You’ll have to update your application right after you get married so it’s likely too late to apply and get processed as single.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

There is no way avoid the wait for the sponsorship.