+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Applied - Biometric Complete - Awaiting

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi Everyone, I have applied for my mother's Biometric appointment for her visitors visa at chennai VFS and it's done successfully on Jul 21, 2021. Next day received passport request from IRCC but haven't received any email from VFS to arrange passport pickup by bluedart, whom should I contact? I have emailed VFS center, awaiting for their response meanwhile checking here to know the process
VFS will not contact you automatically for passport pickup. You have to raise a webform in their website to arrange for the pickup and they will reach out to you.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/passport-submission-service-via-2-way-courier

https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
I am in similar situation. Am a PR holder, got married recently in India and applied for my wife’s TRV on July 8 2021 in India. Completed biometrics on July 20 2021, status shows biometrics completed. I guess I will now have to wait few weeks or couple of months to know the result.
hmm lets hope for best

tushar2485

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hi Friends, need a quick suggestion. I have applied for my mother’s TRV in Feb 2021, and got the biometrics done on 12th July. I don’t see any movement in the processing of the visa. Though my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our baby by November, we have not mentioned this to be the reason in the request letter.
keeping the current situation in mind, do you think I should raise any web form/anything that can expedite the process?

Huyenthu98

Feb 5, 2017
Guys, I applied visa visitor for my mother from Jan 20,2021 and still waiting. I am just work permit holder so can I submit Travel exemption request form? Or Only PR ppl can do it?

BOLLENENI

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Chennai.Tamilnadu,India
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone, I have applied for my mother's Biometric appointment for her visitors visa at chennai VFS and it's done successfully on Jul 21, 2021. Next day received passport request from IRCC but haven't received any email from VFS to arrange passport pickup by bluedart, whom should I contact? I have emailed VFS center, awaiting for their response meanwhile checking here to know the process
Hi even we are from Chennai, we want to apply for avisitor visa, what is the duration of the p4rocess during this pandemic, can youy pl help
Nirmala

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hi even we are from Chennai, we want to apply for avisitor visa, what is the duration of the p4rocess during this pandemic, can youy pl help
Nirmala
You might want to wait until restrictions are lifted. (Travel advice and advisories for India) Current processing time for a TRV in India is 154 days, not including the time it takes to send the application between a VAC and their office as well as the time you need to give your biometrics.

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for visitors visa for my mother . Recently she has completed her biometrics and it's updated successfully. I am a Permanent Resident and my husband is a Canadian Citizen. We have mentioned the same in our application and have uploaded all the related documents as well.
Today they have uploaded 'Information letter' in our gckey account.

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the
Purpose of Family Reunification
Good day xxxxxx,
We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in
process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when
a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill
out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.
Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured
that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible;
however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.
Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel
document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are
advised.
We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

But I didn't raise any webform or send emails till now.
Can someone please say what does this mean??