+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa Applied 23 may 2018

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
@Bryanna I was advised that SOWP is not being approved so easily, and till now all of my friends who has spouse all has TRV is accepted, i am being afraid only because mistakenly i applied for her TRV pre marriage . This time i applied with proper marriage certificate, medical exam is done. Would the previous denial matters ? specially when there is change in status and change in purpose of visit. She doesnt have travel history, and financial situation is average.

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
@Bryanna I was advised that SOWP is not being approved so easily, and till now all of my friends who has spouse all has TRV is accepted, i am being afraid only because mistakenly i applied for her TRV pre marriage . This time i applied with proper marriage certificate, medical exam is done. Would the previous denial matters ? specially when there is change in status and change in purpose of visit. She doesnt have travel history, and financial situation is average.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately, it's safe to assume her TRV application was probably stronger before marriage than now.... specifically for stronger family ties because of your status. The visa officer would be aware that your wife is not a short stay visitor who will return to India after a visit of few weeks. On the contrary, it is expected that she will apply for a SOWP when she arrives

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
@Bryanna well, all spouse will have a stronger ties to their husband, i am not a PR holder, meaning VO should know she has only till feb 2019 to stay.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna well, all spouse will have a stronger ties to their husband, i am not a PR holder, meaning VO should know she has only till feb 2019 to stay.
That's another point which will work against an approval. A visitor (spouse in this case) cannot ask for a stay until the WP expires. And, most probably you won't return to India after your WP expires in 2019. Anyways

As she has already applied, hope she is approved

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
@Bryanna i really trust your comments and that makes me more aware day by day.
In that logic i should have seen at least one rejection out of my close to 100 colleagues. All has their spouse visitor visa appro

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
That's great. Hopefully, your wife will be the 101th approval! :)
@Bryanna
Yes , really hoping for that. I have few things which baffles me a alot,
1) When you say VO would know your wife would apply WP when she arrives, God knows how woould he know and even if she apply for WP, what is the problem, it is still legal, In fact CIC should be happy to get $$ twice.
2) You mentioned that spouse can not ask for validity until his husband WP expires, in that case why do they have More than 6 month validity period for visitor, Why did CIC approve hundreds( In my knowledge) of TRV with their Husband WP validity.
3) You rightly said about the financial asset, I still unable to figure about the mindset of putting this condition, If a spouse coming to meet her Husband for a particular amount of time , legally she is bound to stay until that period. When her husband showing her offer letter/Salary/Bank statement to proove that he really belongs to the above average Canadian financial situation, why would they need Spouse financial condition, Specially a letter of authorization has been signed by the husband.
4) SOWP- this is perhaps the most confusing category as far as i understood, Lets suppose i have a wife who is completly illetarate and unable to do work in canada, Why in the world someone would go for SOWP. I really wish Canada immigration was as simple as USCIS # H4 category.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) When you say VO would know your wife would apply WP when she arrives, God knows how woould he know and even if she apply for WP, what is the problem, it is still legal, In fact CIC should be happy to get $$ twice.
You're missing the point. TRVs are for short stay visitors, not for spouses of WPs.... and especially not for spouses of WP holders who intend to stay until the expiry of the WP.

How would the visa officer know? It's common knowledge + applicants regularly attempt this route just to avoid the SOWP waiting time.

2) You mentioned that spouse can not ask for validity until his husband WP expires, in that case why do they have More than 6 month validity period for visitor, Why did CIC approve hundreds( In my knowledge) of TRV with their Husband WP validity.
You're confusing the terms. A visitor is not expected to stay on a visitor visa until the spouse's WP expires.

Do you have statistics to prove that hundreds of WP spouses who had applied for TRVs were granted TRVs?

Again, if you, your employer and GANDS believe that your wife has presented a strong TRV application then I truly hope she is granted a TRV.

3) You rightly said about the financial asset, I still unable to figure about the mindset of putting this condition, If a spouse coming to meet her Husband for a particular amount of time , legally she is bound to stay until that period. When her husband showing her offer letter/Salary/Bank statement to proove that he really belongs to the above average Canadian financial situation, why would they need Spouse financial condition, Specially a letter of authorization has been signed by the husband.
After marriage, joint finances are acceptable for a visa application. In your case, however, your wife does not have any strong ties to return to India + weak finances of her own + no previous travel history.

4) SOWP- this is perhaps the most confusing category as far as i understood, Lets suppose i have a wife who is completly illetarate and unable to do work in canada, Why in the world someone would go for SOWP. I really wish Canada immigration was as simple as USCIS # H4 category.
SOWP: Only to get a longer, uninterrupted stay as compared to a TRV which expects the non-resident spouse to return to his/her home country after a short visit

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
You're missing the point. TRVs are for short stay visitors, not for spouses of WPs.... and especially not for spouses of WP holders who intend to stay until the expiry of the WP.
--> @Bryanna Its more confusing then, they have purpose of visit as "Family visit" , meaning Spouses are ineligible for this, according to you. If she ask for a certain amoutn of time and that happens to be her husband WP last date, meaning it is potential cause of rejection
How would the visa officer know? It's common knowledge + applicants regularly attempt this route just to avoid the SOWP waiting time.
--> So, whats wrong here. Isnt that a smart move which is completly Legal. thousands of people come here as Work permit and then apply for PR, Does that mean they should apply for PR first just becasue VO would know he/she would apply PR later.

You're confusing the terms. A visitor is not expected to stay on a visitor visa until the spouse's WP expires.

if the Host WP validity is less than a year and a visitir wants to stay with within her legal limit, whats wrong in there ? In that situation its CIC should have a time limitation of the visitor . Why they have more than 6 month options

Do you have statistics to prove that hundreds of WP spouses who had applied for TRVs were granted TRVs?
I have real examples, i am surrounded my WP holders, everyone's wife is in TRV.

Again, if you, your employer and GANDS believe that your wife has presented a strong TRV application then I truly hope she is granted a TRV.
I really wish that. By the way its not GANDS we are dealing in india. i think its a private Legal experts.

After marriage, joint finances are acceptable for a visa application. In your case, however, your wife does not have any strong ties to return to India + weak finances of her own + no previous travel history.
You are right, Even our attorneyes had advised us to provide strong ties up proof's such as a house, or any properties details.

SOWP: Only to get a longer, uninterrupted stay as compared to a TRV which expects the non-resident spouse to return to his/her home country after a short visit
It look good by defination but in reality it take lot of time and low chance of approvals ( as far as i am told by my immigration team)

Jun 23, 2018
Hi
I apllied visitor visa cannada and got online approval. I submit my letter and new passport but visa office refused my application