+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa application submitted for parents in India in April 2021 .. still waiting for approval

NAFTAman

Sep 24, 2016
Hello,

I submitted a visitor visa application for my parents living in India online in April 2021. In August 2021 they were asked to submit biometrics and since then there has been radio silence. I am unable to get any updates from either VFS or the Canadian Consulate office in Delhi. Besides, the standard response "It's in process and we will request passport at the appropriate time" I am unable to get anything meaningful.

What can I do to expedite this? Should I file another application on the IRCC Portal? Appreciate the group's advice.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I submitted a visitor visa application for my parents living in India online in April 2021. In August 2021 they were asked to submit biometrics and since then there has been radio silence. I am unable to get any updates from either VFS or the Canadian Consulate office in Delhi. Besides, the standard response "It's in process and we will request passport at the appropriate time" I am unable to get anything meaningful.

What can I do to expedite this? Should I file another application on the IRCC Portal? Appreciate the group's advice.

Thank you
Reapply with the new portal

Abhishek Dave

Jan 28, 2022
Hello,

Thank you
Hi,
Hope you were able to get response for your parents' visa application. Did you hear back or end up reapplying ? I am in same boat, applied in august and biometric in october but havent heard anything. would appreciate your guidance. thanks and good luck.

NAFTAman

Sep 24, 2016
Hi,
Hope you were able to get response for your parents' visa application. Did you hear back or end up reapplying ? I am in same boat, applied in august and biometric in october but havent heard anything. would appreciate your guidance. thanks and good luck.
I ended up reapplying and the new application was approved and passport stamped and received in 3 weeks total