+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application- Separately or together???

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Hello,
Me and my wife both are Canadian PR now and are working. We would like to invite our parents and my brother in law (total 5) as visitors to meet us in Canada. Our Dads have good position jobs in India our Moms are homemakers and manage our rental properties in India, and my brother in law is a student in US. I was wondering if

1. I should invite all 5 of them with letter of invitation signed by me or
2. Both me and my wife should write one combined letter of invitation for all 5 of them or
3. I should apply for my parents and my wife should apply for her parents and her brother separately?

Which way would be the most ideal for applying for visitor visa? Also, any tips for the application with the back ground I wrote above would be great.

Thanks, in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Assume you are living in Canada permanently. How old is your brother in law? You and your wife are not applying for a visa, your parents are? Each couple would have their own application. Each couple shows their own funds, travel history, ties to country with their own invitation letter (per couple). If brother in law is over 22, then he applies on his own showing his own funds, ties to country and travel history.

Last edited:

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Assume you are living in Canada permanently. How old is your brother in law? You and your wife are not applying for a visa, your parents are? Each couple would have their own application. Each couple shows their own funds, travel history, ties to country with their own invitation letter (per couple). If brother in law is over 22, then he applies on his own showing his own funds, ties to country and travel history.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are living in Canada. My BIL is 23 so he should apply his own visa.

I agree they should apply for their own visa. What I meant is the invitation letter.

If-
2. Both me and my wife should write one combined letter of invitation for all 5 of them or
3. I should apply for my parents and my wife should apply for her parents and her brother separately?

Thanks again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are living in Canada. My BIL is 23 so he should apply his own visa.

I agree they should apply for their own visa. What I meant is the invitation letter.

If-

Thanks again.
1. No you will have 3 letters - 2 for parents, one for your brother-in-law
2. Your wife writes 2 and you write 1
3. Yes. So three applications in total.

Hravi

Nov 24, 2023
Hello
Can I sponsor my parents and my husband sponsor his parents on visitor visa together ? I am on study permit and my husband is on open work permit. Please advise
Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
Can I sponsor my parents and my husband sponsor his parents on visitor visa together ? I am on study permit and my husband is on open work permit. Please advise
Thanks.
Each couple applies through their own accounts, separately. No such thing as sponsorship. You provide a letter of invitation. They show their own funds/bank accounts, travel history and ties to return.

Hravi

Nov 24, 2023
Each couple applies through their own accounts, separately. No such thing as sponsorship. You provide a letter of invitation. They show their own funds/bank accounts, travel history and ties to return.
Thanks for your reply. Both files will be separate but we can process them same time right? And is there any chances for refusal? How much fund we can show in our accounts for their support?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply. Both files will be separate but we can process them same time right? And is there any chances for refusal? How much fund we can show in our accounts for their support?
Sure no reason why they cannot apply at the same time. There is always chance of refusal if they don’t show enough funds, ties to return and travel history. Your funds are not relevant but can be included. They want to show enough funds to come to Canada without using their savings. Savings will depend on their length of visit.

baljit_1510

May 1, 2023
MY SELF BALJIT SINGH, I AM LIVING IN CANADA SINCE 2019. I AM WORKING AS A LONG HAUL HAUL TRUCK DRIVER, I HAD BEEN APPLIED FOR TRV VISA SINCE APR 2022, BUT TILL NOW MY DECISION IS PENDING BECAUSE OF MY BACKGROUND CHECK ,PLEASE ANYBODY CAN SUGEST ME WHAT CAN I DO FOR EXPEDITE MY TRV VISA APPLICATION.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
MY SELF BALJIT SINGH, I AM LIVING IN CANADA SINCE 2019. I AM WORKING AS A LONG HAUL HAUL TRUCK DRIVER, I HAD BEEN APPLIED FOR TRV VISA SINCE APR 2022, BUT TILL NOW MY DECISION IS PENDING BECAUSE OF MY BACKGROUND CHECK ,PLEASE ANYBODY CAN SUGEST ME WHAT CAN I DO FOR EXPEDITE MY TRV VISA APPLICATION.
Why are you yelling (CAPS!)? Call IRCC and ask.