+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa application representative

AprilCS

Dec 18, 2017
Hi there,

I am a PR in Canada, I opened a new account under my father's name to apply visitor visa for my parents, my father is the main applicant and my mother is the family member applicant in the his application. CIC checklist required 2 representative forms, one is Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) and another is Use of a FAMILY MEMBER Representative (IMM 5713E). Should my father be the representative in IMM 5713E which means he is the main applicant (i.e. family member representative of my mother), and I be the representative in IMM 5476, which means I am representative of my father and since he is the family representative of my mother, I am therefore the representative of my mother?

I see that there is "signature of spouse for sponsorship application" in IMM 5476, is this where my mother can sign in IMM 5476 to agree that I am the representative of her? Is this kind of application a "sponsorship application"?

Any help is much appreciated!

Reactions: NotARobot

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi there,

I am a PR in Canada, I opened a new account under my father's name to apply visitor visa for my parents, my father is the main applicant and my mother is the family member applicant in the his application. CIC checklist required 2 representative forms, one is Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) and another is Use of a FAMILY MEMBER Representative (IMM 5713E). Should my father be the representative in IMM 5713E which means he is the main applicant (i.e. family member representative of my mother), and I be the representative in IMM 5476, which means I am representative of my father and since he is the family representative of my mother, I am therefore the representative of my mother?
No. If you are the appointed representative for your parents then they must fill only form IMM 5476. In which case, you would directly be the appointed representative for both your parents.

If your mom appoints your dad as her representative then she must fill IMM 5713E, whereas your dad does not fill IMM 5476. In this case, your dad will get all updates/notifications for your mom's application in his MyCIC account + only he would be authorized to communicate with IRCC, not you.

Both forms cannot be filled/submitted together. It's Either/Or, not And/Both forms.

I see that there is "signature of spouse for sponsorship application" in IMM 5476, is this where my mother can sign in IMM 5476 to agree that I am the representative of her? Is this kind of application a "sponsorship application"?
Your mom is not applying for PR (with your dad as her spousal sponsor). The spousal signature is not required as is not relevant to her TRV application

AprilCS

Dec 18, 2017
"
No. If you are the appointed representative for your parents then they must fill only form IMM 5476. In which case, you would directly be the appointed representative for both your parents.

If your mom appoints your dad as her representative then she must fill IMM 5713E, whereas your dad does not fill IMM 5476. In this case, your dad will get all updates/notifications for your mom's application in his MyCIC account + only he would be authorized to communicate with IRCC, not you.

Both forms cannot be filled/submitted together. It's Either/Or, not And/Both forms.

Your mom is not applying for PR (with your dad as her spousal sponsor). The spousal signature is not required as is not relevant to her TRV application
But both of the 2 forms are required in the generated list, as my mother and father are applying in one application file and my father is the main person, I answered Yes in the question of "Do you want to submit an application for a family member?", this resulted in IMM 5713E, and I am helping my father with the application, so I chose "Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf" in the question of "Are you giving someone access to your application?" and this resulted in the IMM 5476.

I thought I am answering the truth but I got 2 different types of representative forms. Did I do anything wrong? Or should I just not upload IMM 5713E and instead submit 2 IMM 5476 forms, one for my father appointing me and one for my mother appointing me? This is quite confusing to me. Thank you so much for answering!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
"

But both of the 2 forms are required in the generated list, as my mother and father are applying in one application file and my father is the main person, I answered Yes in the question of "Do you want to submit an application for a family member?", this resulted in IMM 5713E, and I am helping my father with the application, so I chose "Yes, I will be appointing a representative to apply on my behalf" in the question of "Are you giving someone access to your application?" and this resulted in the IMM 5476.
You got IMM 5713E because you were answering the tool as if your dad was applying = Your mom would be appointing your dad as her rep in that case.

You got IMM 5476 because the tool considered only your dad's application with you as his appointed rep.

Think of it this way:
You cannot be the authorized rep for your dad, but simultaneously he is appointed as the authorized rep for your mom. If your dad is not representing himself for his own application then how he can he represent your mom for her app?

I thought I am answering the truth but I got 2 different types of representative forms. Did I do anything wrong? Or should I just not upload IMM 5713E and instead submit 2 IMM 5476 forms, one for my father appointing me and one for my mother appointing me? This is quite confusing to me. Thank you so much for answering!
Two IMM 5476 (appointing you as their rep).... or you fill the online forms as if your dad is filling them, in which case you can submit one IMM 5713E for your mom

AprilCS

Dec 18, 2017
You got IMM 5713E because you were answering the tool as if your dad was applying = Your mom would be appointing your dad as her rep in that case.

You got IMM 5476 because the tool considered only your dad's application with you as his appointed rep.

Think of it this way:
You cannot be the authorized rep for your dad, but simultaneously he is appointed as the authorized rep for your mom. If your dad is not representing himself for his own application then how he can he represent your mom for her app?

Two IMM 5476 (appointing you as their rep).... or you fill the online forms as if your dad is filling them, in which case you can submit one IMM 5713E for your mom
Thanks a lot! The logic is clearer to me now.

AprilCS

Dec 18, 2017

Think of it this way:

Thanks a lot! The logic is clearer to me now.
Sorry, one more question! My parents cannot speak English so I will need to be a representative for both of them. In order to submit two IMM 5476, should I actually submit my parents' application in 2 separate applications, one under my father's cic account and one under my mother's cic account in the meantime? Is it possible that one of them approved but one refused? It would be much easier if I could submit their application in one file, but then it requires one IMM 5476 and one 5713E in the list, do you know how I can submit two IMM 5476 in this case? Or can I write my name as the family member representative in 5713E? But I am not using my cic account to apply...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Or can I write my name as the family member representative in 5713E? But I am not using my cic account to apply...
You cannot fill your name/details in IMM 5713E because you are not applying for a TRV. That form is only for family members who are applying together.

Sorry, one more question! My parents cannot speak English so I will need to be a representative for both of them. In order to submit two IMM 5476, should I actually submit my parents' application in 2 separate applications, one under my father's cic account and one under my mother's cic account in the meantime? Is it possible that one of them approved but one refused? It would be much easier if I could submit their application in one file, but then it requires one IMM 5476 and one 5713E in the list, do you know how I can submit two IMM 5476 in this case?
As you will be managing your dad's MyCIC account, you can communicate with IRCC if the need arises

AprilCS

Dec 18, 2017
You cannot fill your name/details in IMM 5713E because you are not applying for a TRV. That form is only for family members who are applying together.

As you will be managing your dad's MyCIC account, you can communicate with IRCC if the need arises
Thank you so much for your patience, Bryanna! Then I guess I have to submit 2 separate applications instead of one:-( Do you know if there will be any disadvantage? Would a couple submitting 2 applications in the same times seems strange?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your patience, Bryanna! Then I guess I have to submit 2 separate applications instead of one:-( Do you know if there will be any disadvantage? Would a couple submitting 2 applications in the same times seems strange?
You've misunderstood. Do not submit two separate applications.

Please submit both applications under your dad's MyCIC account. As you would be managing his account, there would be no need for him to appoint you as his representative (even if your parents don't speak English). Your mom must fill the IMM 5713E

AprilCS

Dec 18, 2017
You've misunderstood. Do not submit two separate applications.

Please submit both applications under your dad's MyCIC account. As you would be managing his account, there would be no need for him to appoint you as his representative (even if your parents don't speak English). Your mom must fill the IMM 5713E
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding! Because in the application form I will need to indicate that my parents do not speak English or French so I thought I have to submit a use of representative form, otherwise who is filling the forms would be confusing. So I do not really need to be appointed as a representative, even I am filling the forms?

Thank you very much!

priyankaskvyas

Sep 3, 2018
Hi there,

Hi there,

Hi there,

Hi! I have the same question. I want to be my parents authorized rep because they will be unable to go and submit the passports because the VFS centre isn't there in their city. Did you submit IMM 5713E- Use of a FAMILY MEMBER representative with your dad's and your signature (Assuming my mom need not sign -signature of spouse for sponsorship application)?

samira_farsii

Oct 11, 2017
How did you open a new account under your father name? I am trying to apply for my parents visitor visa but it allow me to create an account by using my back account information.