+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa application in Chennai

valuvai

Aug 17, 2022
Hi,
Planning to apply for visa for my mother-in-law in India (Chennai). She had visited Canada in the last years two times and stayed for 4 months in both the trips. Her Visa expired now and need to apply for the visa again.

I have few questions and would appreciate if some one can answer:
1. It looks like there is an option of applying for Visa online but I find that it might be hectic because we have to scan all the supporting documents and get it one file with limitation of file size. There is in person application option as well which we are inclining towards it. Is there any downside to it? Does it impact the processing time?
2. Financial proof: I am going to cover all the expenses and I will support all documents from my end (Job letter, tax assessment, pay stubs, and bank letter). In this case does she still need to submit on her end?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Planning to apply for visa for my mother-in-law in India (Chennai). She had visited Canada in the last years two times and stayed for 4 months in both the trips. Her Visa expired now and need to apply for the visa again.

I have few questions and would appreciate if some one can answer:
1. It looks like there is an option of applying for Visa online but I find that it might be hectic because we have to scan all the supporting documents and get it one file with limitation of file size. There is in person application option as well which we are inclining towards it. Is there any downside to it? Does it impact the processing time?
2. Financial proof: I am going to cover all the expenses and I will support all documents from my end (Job letter, tax assessment, pay stubs, and bank letter). In this case does she still need to submit on her end?
For a TRV she needs to show her own finances, assets, property and yours are secondary. You can include your own but technically she should be able to show that she can cover the cost of her travel. If she doesn’t have funds or other assets you should apply for a supervisa. Applying online is better and faster.

valuvai

Aug 17, 2022
For a TRV she needs to show her own finances, assets, property and yours are secondary. You can include your own but technically she should be able to show that she can cover the cost of her travel. If she doesn’t have funds or other assets you should apply for a supervisa. Applying online is better and faster.
Thank you for the reply. I have another question. In the online application, there is a question about National Identification document. In India, we have Adhaar card which we can give, not a problem. But it is asking for date of issue (required field) and Adhaar does not have date of issue, only year. How we should deal with it,

Sivanath.cert

Jul 17, 2022
Thank you for the reply. I have another question. In the online application, there is a question about National Identification document. In India, we have Adhaar card which we can give, not a problem. But it is asking for date of issue (required field) and Adhaar does not have date of issue, only year. How we should deal with it,
I have given my passport number and date of issue for this option instead Aadhar.