+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application from India for Parents - Reapply or wait?

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am PR in Canada since 2017, and applied for Visitor Visa for my parents (in India) in June 2021 (after their initial visa got expired in May 2021) and it is with New Delhi office (got that response in one of the webforms raised).
This was done via GCKey account and uploaded all relevant documents like property (on their name in India), current salary statements, relationship proof, etc. EXCEPT covid vaccination report (which was later uploaded via Webform).
Current status "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. ". "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Do not require medical, no additional docs require. Also no biometrics require (as the biometrics is already there based on last visa and valid until 2029).

There is no update since above (it was in June 2021).

I have sent several Web form (with updated covid certificate, PHAC email approval, etc). Also sent email to PHAC and received response saying based on the information they don't need additional exemption from PHAC , all good there.

The automated email saying "We're still working on your application." was received on 2nd Nov 2021.

When sent an email to ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca (based on the response on this forum); since the application was before Sept 2021 and there visa was applied already before the "portal"; the response was on the lines saying that "Based on our review of your enquiry and the information in our system, we can confirm that your application for a visitor visa is in our processing queue. However, since you do not yet have a valid Canadian travel document, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions. As such, your request will not be processed.".

Although they acknowledged the application is in the queue, but also said to reapply via portal.

Now, the confusion is that after waiting so long they say it is still in queue, should we raise the new request via portal? I see since it started from September (and Oct) the responses are quick, but again I read (on this same forum) since Nov 2021 again the wait is more (not much updates).

Anyone in similar boat and deciding/decided to re-apply (I am fine if there is no refund)? Or anything based on current trends what should be done?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am PR in Canada since 2017, and applied for Visitor Visa for my parents (in India) in June 2021 (after their initial visa got expired in May 2021) and it is with New Delhi office (got that response in one of the webforms raised).
This was done via GCKey account and uploaded all relevant documents like property (on their name in India), current salary statements, relationship proof, etc. EXCEPT covid vaccination report (which was later uploaded via Webform).
Current status "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. ". "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Do not require medical, no additional docs require. Also no biometrics require (as the biometrics is already there based on last visa and valid until 2029).

I have sent several Web form (with updated covid certificate, PHAC email approval, etc). Also sent email to PHAC and received response saying based on the information they don't need additional exemption from PHAC , all good there.

The automated email saying "We're still working on your application." was received on 2nd Nov 2021.

When sent an email to ircc.covid-travelexemptions-exemptionsdevoyage-covid.ircc@cic.gc.ca (based on the response on this forum); since the application was before Sept 2021 and there visa was applied already before the "portal"; the response was on the lines saying that "Based on our review of your enquiry and the information in our system, we can confirm that your application for a visitor visa is in our processing queue. However, since you do not yet have a valid Canadian travel document, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions. As such, your request will not be processed.".

Although they acknowledged the application is in the queue, but also said to reapply via portal.

Now, the confusion is that after waiting so long they say it is still in queue, should we raise the new request via portal? I see since it started from September (and Oct) the responses are quick, but again I read (on this same forum) since Nov 2021 again the wait is more (not much updates).

Anyone in similar boat and deciding/decided to re-apply (I am fine if there is no refund)? Or anything based on current trends what should be done?
Would suggest reapplying. People who applied through the new portal seem to have received responses relatively quickly.

Abhishek Dave

Jan 28, 2022
Hi,

Hi there,
I hope you were able to get response or application approved by now. I am in same boat as you were, awaiting reply since august when application was done and no response yet, did you reapply or finally got any response in regards to previous application ? would appreciate your guidance. thanks.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi there,
I hope you were able to get response or application approved by now. I am in same boat as you were, awaiting reply since august when application was done and no response yet, did you reapply or finally got any response in regards to previous application ? would appreciate your guidance. thanks.
I will suggest you to reapply

Good Luck

Reactions: find_anand