+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application - Biometrics and Sworn Affadavit

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi everyone,

I recently applied for a visitor visa for my mother in law to come to Canada for the birth of our daughter. The first application was rejected, probably for a couple of distinct reasons, one of which that there was not a lot of money in her account, and I only sent a copy of a T4 as a proof of financial support. This time, I am planning to swear an affadavit, I will provide my bank statements (I have about $8000 available and planning to have her for 3 weeks) and I would like everything as "legally binding" as possible. My question is threefold and help with one or all of the following would be really appreciated:

1. What should my Affadavit have in it, aside from swearing that my invitation letter is true and correct, and that I will be responsible for the well being, expenses and return of my mother in law to her home country once the visit is complete?

2. Some supporting documents I want to provide are not originals. Should I have these notarized in some way?
Should I have my bank statements notarized?

3. Will she have to take the biometrics again and pay the additional fee?

Thanks in advance for all responses!

_G

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Thanks sbakhour.

Does anyone else out there have experience with submitting a sworn affidavit with a sponsorship letter? I'm hoping that this is what the Bogota VO needs to tip the scales in our favour. I know that CIC says that you don't NEED one for a TRV application, but I'm having trouble finding a really good post on what I can do to make our application bulletproof, especially because WE are covering the costs of the trip.