+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application - Before September 7

Moba

Sep 25, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have submitted my visit visa application on August 15 to visit my brother who's a PR holder in Canada (extended relative). This was after the initial announcement that borders will be open to foreign nationals visiting for non-discretionary travel posted on IRCC website. Hence, I have mentioned in my "purpose of travel letter" that I am fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine and also uploaded my vaccination certificate as a supporting document.

I've recently read the latest announcement on IRCC website recommending resubmission of visit visa applications submitted before September 7. However, I'm not very clear what that means for my situation and hence I'm hoping if someone can answer my doubts below:

- Do I need to resubmit my application or since I already mentioned that I am fully vaccinated and have already provided my vaccination document.
- Would it be faster to get a response on my application if I reapply since it's mentioned on website that they will respond in 14-30 days for new applications?
- Is there any way to communicate with IRCC (eg. send an email) to clarify this?

Thanks in advance.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hello Everyone,

I have submitted my visit visa application on August 15 to visit my brother who's a PR holder in Canada (extended relative). This was after the initial announcement that borders will be open to foreign nationals visiting for non-discretionary travel posted on IRCC website. Hence, I have mentioned in my "purpose of travel letter" that I am fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine and also uploaded my vaccination certificate as a supporting document.

I've recently read the latest announcement on IRCC website recommending resubmission of visit visa applications submitted before September 7. However, I'm not very clear what that means for my situation and hence I'm hoping if someone can answer my doubts below:

- Do I need to resubmit my application or since I already mentioned that I am fully vaccinated and have already provided my vaccination document.
- Would it be faster to get a response on my application if I reapply since it's mentioned on website that they will respond in 14-30 days for new applications?
- Is there any way to communicate with IRCC (eg. send an email) to clarify this?

Thanks in advance.

If you applied before September 7, 2021, AND YOU ALREADY TOLD US that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption, You DO NOT need to submit a new application or write to us again.
We’ll process the application you submitted before September 7, 2021.
  • It doesn’t matter if you applied via the IRCC Portal, via your IRCC secure account, or on paper. We’ll send you an email if we need more information from you or when we reach a decision
If your situation has changed since you submitted your visitor visa application
We recommend that you submit a new online application if
  • you submitted your visitor visa application before September 7, 2021; and
  • your situation has changed
I hope this answers your question one from my understanding.

However, what I do not understand is when they said: "If your situation has changed since you submitted your visitor visa application". I really don't understand what "SITUATION" that's being referred to in this context.
I suggest other forum members should help us with that clause.

Last edited: