+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application as Family

hk2022

Mar 12, 2019
Hahahaha
And waiting for the passport request of my daughter.
Yeah, I am waiting too. Meanwhile I submitted the passports for myself and my wife toag as it has been 2 weeks since when we received the request letter. Hoping to get one for my daughter soon

amv11112222

Feb 25, 2019
Yeah, I am waiting too. Meanwhile I submitted the passports for myself and my wife toag as it has been 2 weeks since when we received the request letter. Hoping to get one for my daughter soon
Great. For sure, you will be receiving it soon. In my case, I will wait 2 weeks more. I received my PPR dated as 3/13. Hope it comes prior the end of March.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have received an answer about my daughter visitor visa request today. It was refused : ( @Bryanna @hk2022 I am so sad...
Sorry to hear your daughter was refused. IMO, IRCC likely refused your daughter to 'ensure' that you will return to your home country.

But, don't lose hope. You may want to visit alone first... before reapplying for your daughter

amv11112222

Feb 25, 2019
Sorry to hear your daughter was refused. IMO, IRCC likely refused your daughter to 'ensure' that you will return to your home country.

But, don't lose hope. You may want to visit alone first... before reapplying for your daughter
Yes. it seems to be it was because of that but the grounds under they refused were Travel History (which is weird because she travelled with me in 2015 and in 2017 to US and she has a US valid B1/B2 visa valid until 2025) and the other ground they refused on was no enough ties in her country of residence.

I am planning to schedule a vacation and will go to US with her. She will stay in US while I go to Toronto and then, I can know the city while she enjoys the vacation in US until I return and continue vacation. Later, I will reapply after my first entry. Thank you so much for your help @Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes. it seems to be it was because of that but the grounds under they refused were Travel History (which is weird because she travelled with me in 2015 and in 2017 to US and she has a US valid B1/B2 visa valid until 2025) and the other ground they refused on was no enough ties in her country of residence.

I am planning to schedule a vacation and will go to US with her. She will stay in US while I go to Toronto and then, I can know the city while she enjoys the vacation in US until I return and continue vacation. Later, I will reapply after my first entry. Thank you so much for your help @Bryanna
'Travel History' refusal tends to be a generic refusal ground when the visa officer did not want to cite any other specific refusal reason.

As you were also recently refused, IMO, IRCC gave you an opportunity to visit but with a condition: They refused your daughter.

Do post the list of documents before you reapply for her

amv11112222

Feb 25, 2019
'Travel History' refusal tends to be a generic refusal ground when the visa officer did not want to cite any other specific refusal reason.

As you were also recently refused, IMO, IRCC gave you an opportunity to visit but with a condition: They refused your daughter.

Do post the list of documents before you reapply for her
Got it @Bryanna . It makes sense. I am single, no more children and she lives only with me. Next year, I will reapply for her and will advise the documents I will submit in order to receive your valuable inputs. I don't want IRCC think like I am desperate reapplying so fast. So, 1 or 1½ years are fine to reapply. In the meantime, she can travel to US and other countries with her US visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Got it @Bryanna . It makes sense. I am single, no more children and she lives only with me. Next year, I will reapply for her and will advise the documents I will submit in order to receive your valuable inputs. I don't want IRCC think like I am desperate reapplying so fast. So, 1 or 1½ years are fine to reapply. In the meantime, she can travel to US and other countries with her US visa.
Sounds like a good plan :)

amv11112222

Feb 25, 2019
Sounds like a good plan :)
@Bryanna I have a quick question. I don’t know if you are aware, but the passport validity is 6 years in Dominican Republic and US Embassy sometimes grant 10-year B1/B2 Visas to the approved applicants. So, sometimes, the passport expired has inside the Visa stamp and stappled together with the valid and recent passport. My question is: Since I have to submit my passport at the Canada VAC, should I deliver both passports to make my TRV be printed (In my understanding, they send to Mexico office) or online with the valid one is the one I need to deliver, considering that I attached the pdf with my valid US visa in my CIC account and they should see this in my profile? If the answer is the second one, I would need to separate both passports. Confirm how to proceed, please. Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna I have a quick question. I don’t know if you are aware, but the passport validity is 6 years in Dominican Republic and US Embassy sometimes grant 10-year B1/B2 Visas to the approved applicants. So, sometimes, the passport expired has inside the Visa stamp and stappled together with the valid and recent passport. My question is: Since I have to submit my passport at the Canada VAC, should I deliver both passports to make my TRV be printed (In my understanding, they send to Mexico office) or online with the valid one is the one I need to deliver, considering that I attached the pdf with my valid US visa in my CIC account and they should see this in my profile? If the answer is the second one, I would need to separate both passports. Confirm how to proceed, please. Thank you!
Send both passports, and don't remove the staples