Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi,
My in-law is diagnosed with breast cancer and had a surgery done. She now need to go through çhemotherapy. We are looking for the chemotherapy done in Canada. However, she doesn't have a visa to enter Canada? Do you think I can apply for visitor visa with the medical history that she has and have a medical treatment done in Canada? How soon can I get the visitor visa? We need to do the chemotherapy ASAP...
Thanks
VPS

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am sorry for your in-law's cancer diagnosis and hope that she gets the care she requires for a full recovery. I don't know the likelihood of getting a visa, but if granted, how would the treatments be paid for? Do you have details of what she requires, frequency and duration of treatments? I don't know if health insurance would cover a pre-existing illness. I think you have to investigate this fully before applying and include this information in a cover letter to prove her care will not be at the expense of the Canadian medical system, as well as making sure she has strong ties to home country. All the best and good luck.

sadia jalil

Star Member
May 5, 2013
you can help her come here on medical grounds..taking appointments from the oncologist for treatment and showing in detail the correspondence occurred in past as well as current approached to hospital.., like people go to US and UK for treatments..you need to show sufficient fund to cover the cost of treatment and stay.this is what I know from a case ....discuss other people opinions as well..

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
When you apply for regular visit visa, there is no medical requirement - they might ask for meds ( its random ) - even then, you can show that u can afford insurance, this is not a contagious disease that it will be refused as this is visit visa, not PR

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Can anyone tell me if I apply for my parents visitor visa - do they have to go through medical?

I am on PR - my dad is is undergoing treatment for cancer, doctor said he can travel.

I just want him to come to Canada for 2 months, Can anyone advice whats the best way for quick visa processing?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He can apply for a visitor visa using the process here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Although I'm not sure it's a good idea to visit if he's unwell and undergoing treatment. He won't be covered by the Canadian health care system as a tourist and travel insurance won't cover expenses either since what he has is a pre-existing condition. If he needs any treatment or emergency care while in Canada, it will be very expensive and you/he will have to pay it out of your own pocket.

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Thank you scylla.

His treatment will complete in may. Doctor advised that he can travel after that.

He just wants to visit me here for 2 months - for vacation.

Can i take any medical insurance from any private company?

scylla said:
He can apply for a visitor visa using the process here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Although I'm not sure it's a good idea to visit if he's unwell and undergoing treatment. He won't be covered by the Canadian health care system as a tourist and travel insurance won't cover expenses either since what he has is a pre-existing condition. If he needs any treatment or emergency care while in Canada, it will be very expensive and you/he will have to pay it out of your own pocket.

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There might be an option available as far as insurance for him. Please contact us by email at arbetov.office@gmail.com

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
haver said:
There might be an option available as far as insurance for him. Please contact us by email at arbetov.office @ gmail.com
Make sure you read the fine print and understand exactly what's included / excluded.

houssinearrat

Aug 31, 2016
hello all I want to travel to Canada for treatment have a chronic disease called psoriatic and I have family in Canada i've got a medical file special reports at the hospital What paperwork because in order to accept my request and wait your answer Thank you very much???

paul1982

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Hello,

All the people who have to come to Canada on medical grounds, please check with the doctors in your own country first. You all feel that the doctors there not capable and that bringing them to Canada will make a huge difference ?

If you all are millionaires in CANADA then go for the option of medical grounds otherwise you are wasting your time.

This is a mere excuse of getting your loved ones to Canada. Canadian government is very smart and don't try to fool them.

It is next to impossible to get them to CANADA.

houssinearrat

Aug 31, 2016
paul1982 said:
Hello,

All the people who have to come to Canada on medical grounds, please check with the doctors in your own country first. You all feel that the doctors there not capable and that bringing them to Canada will make a huge difference ?

If you all are millionaires in CANADA then go for the option of medical grounds otherwise you are wasting your time.

This is a mere excuse of getting your loved ones to Canada. Canadian government is very smart and don't try to fool them.

It is next to impossible to get them to CANADA.
me i have a chronic disease called psoriatic

paul1982

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
houssinearrat said:
me i have a chronic disease called psoriatic
So you are saying that there is no treatment for you in your home country and only Canadian doctors have the treatment and you will be cured in Canada only ??
This is what you will say while applying ? Now you yourself tell me who will buy your Question ??

newbee1990

Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
23-08-2016(SA)
Med's Done....
27-05-2016
Interview........
24-08-2016 (AOR2)
Passport Req..
30-08-2016 (TRV PPR)
I would suggest you to visit one of the hospitals where you are planning to get treated and talk to one of the Social Worker in hospital.

They can answer your questions about the treatment.

If you are in Toronto, Princess Margaret Hospital is one of the top 5 Cancer Research Institute's in the world.

Social Workers in this hospital are very kind and helpful.