+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa and pregnancy

Liybasha1

Jan 7, 2014
Please write.
I have a visitor visa to 09/2015 and after 1 month I want to fly to Alberta. I am pregnant and will give birth there. Now I have no insurance. Can I apply for a Open Work Permit from Ukraine online and wait for the result in Canada, in order to get insurance?
My husband is currently employed with Dynacrest Farms Inc. in a skilled position as a “Pork Production Technician”. This position is located in Southern Alberta, Canada. He came to work for on October 21, 2013 with a “Temporary Work Permit” issued by Citizenship & Immigration Canada. Whether his insurance cover me and the baby?

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
It is quite difficult to change your status from a visitor to WP within Canada. Normally you have to apply from outside Canada. Here is the information: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp The process also takes time, so if i were you, i would not consider it as an option.
If your husband have an insurance in the company, he should forward this question (about coverage and so on) to his HR department. Some companies can add family member to an employee's insurance. But there might be some special conditions, so the only place where you can get this answer is HR.