+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa and past visa refusal

DeontayWi

Feb 23, 2021
Hello,

I have applied for Canadian visitor visa in 2016, 2017 and mid 2019 and they were all approved. However, I all of them, I didn't mention a past visa refusal by New Zealand in 2015 as I didn't think it was important to mention it since the reason of the refusal was due to not having enough funds. I haven't been to Canada for a long time now due to Covid, I want to visit and spend Christmas with friends and family. However, I think I have been making a mistake for not declaring my NZ visa refusal (even though the reason is minor), I think the responsible thing to do is to disclose it, but I am worried if I do so now, will I get in trouble? I have already booked an appointment with a licensed immigration lawyer but I wanted to get an idea from you guys here as well. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you :)

Aq1

Nov 24, 2022
Hello,

I have applied for Canadian visitor visa in 2016, 2017 and mid 2019 and they were all approved. However, I all of them, I didn't mention a past visa refusal by New Zealand in 2015 as I didn't think it was important to mention it since the reason of the refusal was due to not having enough funds. I haven't been to Canada for a long time now due to Covid, I want to visit and spend Christmas with friends and family. However, I think I have been making a mistake for not declaring my NZ visa refusal (even though the reason is minor), I think the responsible thing to do is to disclose it, but I am worried if I do so now, will I get in trouble? I have already booked an appointment with a licensed immigration lawyer but I wanted to get an idea from you guys here as well. Please let me know your thoughts.

Hi @DeontayWi
I am in a similar situation. May I ask what did you do and what happened?
Thanks

Vish5244

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello,

Probably raise a webform regarding it. Let them know it was done by mistake.