+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa and passport expiring while in Canada

aiw

Jun 12, 2015
My mother was planning to come to Canada and she has a valid super visa. Her passport and visa though would expire like 7 months after she comes to Canada. Can she renew her visitor visa from within Canada? What is the best way to handle this? Ideally would like to renew from within Canada.

What are the options?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mother was planning to come to Canada and she has a valid super visa. Her passport and visa though would expire like 7 months after she comes to Canada. Can she renew her visitor visa from within Canada? What is the best way to handle this? Ideally would like to renew from within Canada.

What are the options?
She will need to determine if she can get a new passport in Canada. She should only be admitted until the expiry of her passport. Would be much easier to renew her passport and then enter Canada.

aiw

Jun 12, 2015
She will need to determine if she can get a new passport in Canada. She should only be admitted until the expiry of her passport. Would be much easier to renew her passport and then enter Canada.
Sorry if I was not clear.

Yes, she can get a new passport in Canada. The home country allows that. I was more interested about the scenario where she is in canada and then get a new passport and then have to apply for a new visa?