+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa and COVID-19

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
Hi, I need some help with a visitor visa issue for my mom. here are the current details:

1. She has a visitor visa which will expire on August 2020.
2. She is currently in Canada under an extension (visitor record). This was applied for because of COVID-19. The visitor record is until June. Note that it is still unsafe to travel via a plane from Canada to Bangladesh in this situation.

Questions:
1. Can she reapply for a visitor record for until August?
2. Can she apply for a new visitor visa right now?
3. Would it be a good idea to apply for a visitor visa? Is there a big chance of not getting approved?

I would like some answers to these questions, as well as some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but

1 sure can apply for another extension
usually extensions should be applied for at least 30 days in advance so no issue really applying now and once application submitted would be implied status pending decision which might take 3-4 months. The more extensions applied the odds of approval are less.

2/3 applying for a new visit visa would not help extend stay. Nobody can predict if would be approved and often better to apply from outside of the country.

The current visa expiry only means could not travel back again after August without getting a new visa, it’s the visitor record that authorises her continued stay. Note that assuming a new visa is approved generally recommended to stay out of Canada the same time as having been in Canada before returning

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
August is far away. You don’t know what the situation while be at that time. How many previous extensions have you had? You will need to wait for a while before considering an extension due to covid.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
August is far away. You don’t know what the situation while be at that time. How many previous extensions have you had? You will need to wait for a while before considering an extension due to covid.
Unless I misread it the issue though is that the current extension expires June , it is her TRV that expires August so she needs an extension to her June visitor record COVID or no COVID.

indocanadian student

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I need some help with a visitor visa issue for my mom. here are the current details:

1. She has a visitor visa which will expire on August 2020.
2. She is currently in Canada under an extension (visitor record). This was applied for because of COVID-19. The visitor record is until June. Note that it is still unsafe to travel via a plane from Canada to Bangladesh in this situation.

Questions:
1. Can she reapply for a visitor record for until August?
2. Can she apply for a new visitor visa right now?
3. Would it be a good idea to apply for a visitor visa? Is there a big chance of not getting approved?

I would like some answers to these questions, as well as some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
hi Zhan. I just quickly wanted to ask how are you attaching your proof of fund bank statement. I mean is it a specific letter from the bank or just your downloadable bank statement. oh i should have asked if you apply8ing your proof of fund or is she showing hers. Thank you in advance

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
hi Zhan. I just quickly wanted to ask how are you attaching your proof of fund bank statement. I mean is it a specific letter from the bank or just your downloadable bank statement. oh i should have asked if you apply8ing your proof of fund or is she showing hers. Thank you in advance
Her bank statement. It's downloaded from the bank.

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
This is the first extension that I applied for her. Is there a clause somewhere that talks about a waiting period?

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
Unless I misread it the issue though is that the current extension expires June , it is her TRV that expires August so she needs an extension to her June visitor record COVID or no COVID.
So, would you suggest applying for another extension in the coming days, instead of a new visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is the first extension that I applied for her. Is there a clause somewhere that talks about a waiting period?
Misunderstood but looks like you have clarified some things. If it is expiring in June would send in an extension in May.

zhan9017

Dec 17, 2019
Misunderstood but looks like you have clarified some things. If it is expiring in June would send in an extension in May.
Alright. So, just to be clear, it would be okay to apply for a second visitor record in May since she is unable to leave at the moment?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes you can apply to extend her visitor status In May. It isn’t applying for a second visitor record.
She currently has a Visitor Record from the last extension, so yes, she is applying for a second VR.