+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa After Spousal Sponsorship Application

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto ASAP said:
I believe a letter we wrote explaining the circumstances played a crucial role (why my husband cannot visit me again, that we just want to travel, spend holidays together and celebrate our marriage anniversary,
Thank you very much, that helps a lot because our first wedding aniversary is coming up this summer. I will write a letter explaining that as well. Thank you again.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Pending spousal sponsorship, to obtain visit visa to Canada, what are the most important documents, papers etc. the applicant must provide towards an affirmative result? Any suggestions from any member? Thank you.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Hasan9999 said:
Pending spousal sponsorship, to obtain visit visa to Canada, what are the most important documents, papers etc. the applicant must provide towards an affirmative result? Any suggestions from any member? Thank you.
Proof of strong ties to your home country...aka proof that you will leave Canada and go back home when your visa expires.
Examples:
- proof of a good job, and a letter from the employer saying when you're expected back after your vacation
- property ownership
- proof of a significant amount of money in a bank in your country
- proof of return flight (make sure you buy fully refundable tickets)
- Letters from family/friends/you explaining the ties to your country, or explaining why you would go back. Example....if you have kids there, or elderly parents, give the reasons why you want to come to Canada and then explain that you would never jeopardize your PR application by overstaying the Visa.

That's all I can think of. Anyone who has other ideas can add to that list.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
agarand8 said:
Proof of strong ties to your home country...aka proof that you will leave Canada and go back home when your visa expires.
Examples:
- proof of a good job, and a letter from the employer saying when you're expected back after your vacation
- property ownership
- proof of a significant amount of money in a bank in your country
- proof of return flight (make sure you buy fully refundable tickets)
- Letters from family/friends/you explaining the ties to your country, or explaining why you would go back. Example....if you have kids there, or elderly parents, give the reasons why you want to come to Canada and then explain that you would never jeopardize your PR application by overstaying the Visa.
That's all I can think of. Anyone who has other ideas can add to that list.
Many thanks. Do you have any idea about Dual Intent while submitting visit visa application pending sponsorship application? My previous travel history is clean with both visit visa and travelling with PR card. I lost PR because my physical stay in Canada was less than required days. Now just need to visit my family on a short visit specially to attend children's graduation. So I want to furnish most important documents/ papers to prove VO that I will surely come back within short time.

ism45

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
30-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-3-2014
LANDED..........
25-3-2014
In two cases, mine and another case, we applied for a TRV and the visa office rejected it within one week. But that also resulted in the acceleration of our spousal sponsorship file and we both received our COPR within two weeks.

Applying for TRV is always a good idea

:) ;) :D :) 8)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ism45 said:
In two cases, mine and another case, we applied for a TRV and the visa office rejected it within one week. But that also resulted in the acceleration of our spousal sponsorship file and we both received our COPR within two weeks.

Applying for TRV is always a good idea

:) ;) :D :) 8)
That is very interesting. Thank you.

ganesh_i83

Aug 28, 2016
I have been trying to find answers for the below question,
I am a PR and in Canada right now. I want to bring my wife and kid to Canada. Shall I first apply for a visitor visa and once she is here start the sponsorship process? or Start the sponsorship process and then apply for a visitor visa? Intent is to bring them to Canada asap.