+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa 2nd extension

Floryreena

Oct 26, 2019
Hi, My mom has arrived in Canada on Jan 2020, I had applied for extension on Jun 2020 and I got reply by Dec 15th and extended till Jan 13 2021, again I have applied for a 2nd extension due to covid situation and my mom is elderly so I dont want to put her health in risk..so till I get an update on 2nd extension ..will that be considered as an implied status ?? Can I wait for 2nd extension update?? or need to send my mom back before 1st extension expires??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, My mom has arrived in Canada on Jan 2020, I had applied for extension on Jun 2020 and I got reply by Dec 15th and extended till Jan 13 2021, again I have applied for a 2nd extension due to covid situation and my mom is elderly so I dont want to put her health in risk..so till I get an update on 2nd extension ..will that be considered as an implied status ?? Can I wait for 2nd extension update?? or need to send my mom back before 1st extension expires??
No she has implied status again. Covid isn't going anywhere anytime soon so at a certain point an extension will be denied. After being in Canada for 1.5 years and arriving as the parent of a WP holder getting an extension will be much harder. She seems to have been very lucky to have received the first TRV and may be working illegally.

Last edited:

Floryreena

Oct 26, 2019
Thanks for the information. I have applied till April ..if they extending till April that's sufficient...So in case of denial does she gets some time to return??

Vud

Dec 22, 2020
Hi
My husband applied for renewal of TRV in July and submitted Biometrics in July.
The status is showing biometrics received
and processing, for the past 5 months.
How long its going to take to get approval?
Anyone who applied from Abudhabi?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Margotte

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-02-2021
Thanks for the information. I have applied till April ..if they extending till April that's sufficient...So in case of denial does she gets some time to return??
Hi there
I don’t think you should worry about it, she’s on implied status now and honestly I don’t think you will get an answer from CIC any time soon, so even if her application is denied that would be happening around April 2021.

Reactions: Floryreena