+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor TRV instead of Worker TRV on PGWP

Tan1601

Sep 21, 2021
I have a valid work permit but after applying for TRV I received a visitor TRV. Is it okay to travel with that to India and back? Will there be any issues during return to Canada at Immigration?

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
Hi, My sister is also on a Postgraduate work permit but received a visitor TRV. We have filled a web form and awaiting an update.

manp1988

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Canada
They have started doing this for PGWP applicants and students.
Thanks !! so in that case, we are not the few ones it occured to. It maybe happen to hundreds of people. Will it affect the person's ability to enter Canada? Because this Visa only allows for visiting, but the work permit allows work. Just wondering if it not causing a mess at the airport in arrivals..

nandikaravi21

Dec 12, 2018
I have a valid work permit but after applying for TRV I received a visitor TRV. Is it okay to travel with that to India and back? Will there be any issues during return to Canada at Immigration?
As long as it's the same end date as your work permit, it should allow you to travel to and from places.When did you apply and how long did it take to get approved?

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Thanks !! so in that case, we are not the few ones it occured to. It maybe happen to hundreds of people. Will it affect the person's ability to enter Canada? Because this Visa only allows for visiting, but the work permit allows work. Just wondering if it not causing a mess at the airport in arrivals..
No, it won't affect in any way because TRV is just a document to enter/re-enter Canada. Don't confuse it with work permit, which authorizes you to legally work once you are in Canada.

Reactions: canuck78

nandikaravi21

Dec 12, 2018
As long as it's the same end date as your work permit, it should allow you to travel to and from places.When did you apply and how long did it take to get approved?