+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor to Open Work Permit from Inside Canada

Lady_Danger

Oct 18, 2018
Hi,

My husband is an international student and I came to Canada as a visitor. I applied for an open work permit on Sept 11 and did not receive any updates. Processing time in the website says 5 weeks and it has been 5 weeks already. I am anxious because my visitor visa will expire on December 16.

Anyone with the same experience?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

My husband is an international student and I came to Canada as a visitor. I applied for an open work permit on Sept 11 and did not receive any updates. Processing time in the website says 5 weeks and it has been 5 weeks already. I am anxious because my visitor visa will expire on December 16.

Anyone with the same experience?
1. It takes time to mail out, you are only 2 days past 5 weeks and there was a holiday in there.

Lady_Danger

Oct 18, 2018
Hi

1. It takes time to mail out, you are only 2 days past 5 weeks and there was a holiday in there.
Thanks for your reply! I applied online though, so I did not have to send any documents through mail. I’m really just anxious and paranoid.

Lady_Danger

Oct 18, 2018
Hi

1. It is the work permit that has to be mailed out from the processing centre
I see. But shouldn’t the status show online whether the application is approved or not? The status online still says “in progress”. I also did not receive any message saying that they have started to check my eligibility.