+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Single Entry VISA Rejected - Twice

sam2442

Mar 31, 2012
Hi Guys ,

I m from India , recently I applied for Canadian Tourist single entry visa to visit canada for wedding ceremony of my cousine.

I had given all required documents , however my application was rejected , I received a letter which stated rejection reasons as

1) You have not satisfied me that you will leave canada at the end of your stay , to conclude this following points helped me
a) Your family ties in Canada and In your home country India
b) You do not have sufficient assets
2) You do not have sufficient funds

Despite of rejection , I reapplied for Visa attaching necessary documents explaining my assets and funds etc. Also I attached covering letter stating my strong ties to India but again within no time my application was rejected.

5 of our family members had applied for Visa , 3 of them got it quickly me and my brother didnt get the visa. It seemed as if they are not allowing young people to enter canada

This is really upsetting me that I wouldnt be able to attend wedding ceremony in my family.

Can anybody please suggest what must have gone wrong ?? Is there anyway that I will get visa for sure ??

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
sam2442 said:
Hi Guys ,

I m from India , recently I applied for Canadian Tourist single entry visa to visit canada for wedding ceremony of my cousine.

I had given all required documents , however my application was rejected , I received a letter which stated rejection reasons as

1) You have not satisfied me that you will leave canada at the end of your stay , to conclude this following points helped me
a) Your family ties in Canada and In your home country India
b) You do not have sufficient assets
2) You do not have sufficient funds

Despite of rejection , I reapplied for Visa attaching necessary documents explaining my assets and funds etc. Also I attached covering letter stating my strong ties to India but again within no time my application was rejected.

5 of our family members had applied for Visa , 3 of them got it quickly me and my brother didnt get the visa. It seemed as if they are not allowing young people to enter canada

This is really upsetting me that I wouldnt be able to attend wedding ceremony in my family.

Can anybody please suggest what must have gone wrong ?? Is there anyway that I will get visa for sure ??
What's your age ? What you do ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Because of your age, your home country and the fact that you are single (I assume), you unfortunately fit the demographic of people who come to Canada on a tourist visa and end up staying long term.

You can certainly try applying again if there is any evidence you did not include the first time. However there is no guarantee the visa will be issued.

sam2442

Mar 31, 2012
scylla said:
Because of your age, your home country and the fact that you are single (I assume), you unfortunately fit the demographic of people who come to Canada on a tourist visa and end up staying long term.

You can certainly try applying again if there is any evidence you did not include the first time. However there is no guarantee the visa will be issued.
Actually I am married since Nov 11 , and I gave a letter from my employer stating I m working with them since 8 years and will join back my duties once back from Canada !!!

N this time for reapplication I wouldn't have anything new apart from bank balance !!! :'(

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Sam bro - I dont want to discourage you but the the guy above said the right thing it will be next to impossible for you to get the visa. As many people aged 20-30s go to Canada on TRV and never come back. The rate of South Asian applicants being refused TRV for Canada is 60% the highest in the world. That means out of 10 applicants who apply in a day 6 are bound to be refused. To make ur case stronger I would suggest u to show some property in your name shud be atleast $100K above. Good Salary, Healthy Bank account, maybe letter from your Manager granting you leave to visit Canada and also stating in that letter why are you important to the company (Your importance/value to your company). these are some of the things which can help you but will NOT guarantee you a visa. Remember 6/10 applicants get denied even the ones with US and UK visa travel history have been denied. Canadian TRV system is flawed even their own sitting MPs admit it is flawed the visa officers dont even meet applicants face to face all they get is this big application package with our documents how can you judge someone without meeting somebody- have i said enough - make up your own mind - as I have said previously under a different topic Canada is NOT a visitor friendly country. If you belong to country where you dont require a visa then youre lucky- no problem and those people do visit canada for tourism but we from South Asia are denied this luxury to visit Canada for tourism let alone meet our relatives or family.

I wish you the best of Luck! Decide wisely!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sam2442 said:
Actually I am married since Nov 11 , and I gave a letter from my employer stating I m working with them since 8 years and will join back my duties once back from Canada !!!

N this time for reapplication I wouldn't have anything new apart from bank balance !!! :'(
Is your wife traveling with you to Canada or remaining at home. If your wife is remaining at home, this is strong supporting evidence of ties to your home country. If your wife is traveling with you, then unfortunately being married doesn't help.

sam2442

Mar 31, 2012
scylla said:
Is your wife traveling with you to Canada or remaining at home. If your wife is remaining at home, this is strong supporting evidence of ties to your home country. If your wife is traveling with you, then unfortunately being married doesn't help.
No my wife was not travelling with me , I was suppose to travel with my cousin brother..... After a lot research on net and my personal experiences , I am strongly of opinion that VOs assesment for Granting visa is totally baseless. They dont at all look at your application closely , it is purely luck based , if VO is in good mood , U get lucky !!

Pretty unfortunate for all of us. Thing which bothers me all the more is theres no one above them where we can question on what grounds reasons of rejection of our visa stand ?

ZAMEER021

Oct 6, 2012
Visitor VISA

hi Friends :)
I am 30 Married Male and I have my baby Almost 2 months,
I have Been Working as a Chemical Eng Here in Hyderabad since a year and my previous Experience around 6 years 3 years in Saudi Arabia and 3 years in South America as a same Designation.

I was submitted my Canada visit visa via VFS for Annual National Conference 2012 and attached all Possible Documents documents but finally they refused with Two Reason as below

1, you Have not satisfied my that you Would Leave Canada at the end of the day of your stay
2. Purpose Of Visit

please advice me how to Re Apply and what should I Attach more
thanks and best regards

kirthi

Dec 20, 2013
Even i have joined one company recently, this company is opening new branch in India, i was called for meeting and conference over there, i have submitted all the documents even invitation letter from new company, even mentioned my date of return to India.

But still they are not satisfied they gave me the same reason:

Not sure about my returning back
and my intention of visit.

It is very important for me to go there, dont know what to do

a_sachdeva

Dec 20, 2013
I am not an expert on this topic, but after living in Canada for last five years (first as student and then worker) I have learned a few things.

First. I disagree that your visa will be rejected on baseless reasons. I can understand the disappointment and frustration when you actually want to return to India after your short trip to Canada, but visa officer (VO) don't believe you. I work for Canadian government. Believe me, people want to give you visa if they can. They do not get any extra satisfaction in rejecting your visa. Canada actually promotes tourism based economy, and would be happy to gain your $ and business while you travel here. But here is the problem - While there are most certainly genuine people like yourself who want to return to India, there are lots (and I mean lots) of people who cheat the system and screw it up for rest of us. Unfortunately, government has no fixed way to accurately determine your eligibility. They use a generic list of requirements to flag people. Obviously, the list is not perfect and has many exceptions. It's not VO's fault. It is perhaps the fault of the Policy makers.

Second. Here are a few things I would consider doing if I were you.
a. Book a refundable flight ticket and send copy of your tickets and itinerary with you. (I have personally done this two times, it always helped me)
b. In Canada weddings are very personal event (even cousins may not necessarily be invited). So perhaps for a Canadian VO it is difficult to understand why your visit to your cousin's wedding is so important. But If I were you, I would try getting a sponsorship letter from your cousin in Canada on a legal paper stating that he/she guarantees that you will return to Canada after the event.
c. Write a strong Cover letter. If you don't mind publish your cover letter on this forum (privately with few people if you like). Please do not misunderstand me and think I am saying you can't write a good cover letter. I am sure you can. However, we might be able to help you highlight some key points to help your cover letter stand out. Make sure to keep the letter short and straightforward.
d. May be even write a letter on a legal document promising you will return.

I hope this helps. :)

santi693

Nov 27, 2013
I also live in Canada and have gone through this process.
Unfortunately, I agree with our friend. Visas are rejected for baseless reasons (or generally valid reasons; but without a real focus on each case).

I have first hand experience of VOs who go out of their way to call visa applicants to let them know they are about to deny their request...but if they fax a certain document, they will get the visa. This courtesy is not given very often; but it does happen.

Most third world countries don't have a very big middle class. So, as far as 3rd world countries are concerned, I think only the rich can visit.
I dont think it was planned that way, but makes sense to me.

a_sachdeva said:
I am not an expert on this topic, but after living in Canada for last five years (first as student and then worker) I have learned a few things.

First. I disagree that your visa will be rejected on baseless reasons. I can understand the disappointment and frustration when you actually want to return to India after your short trip to Canada, but visa officer (VO) don't believe you. I work for Canadian government. Believe me, people want to give you visa if they can. They do not get any extra satisfaction in rejecting your visa. Canada actually promotes tourism based economy, and would be happy to gain your $ and business while you travel here. But here is the problem - While there are most certainly genuine people like yourself who want to return to India, there are lots (and I mean lots) of people who cheat the system and screw it up for rest of us. Unfortunately, government has no fixed way to accurately determine your eligibility. They use a generic list of requirements to flag people. Obviously, the list is not perfect and has many exceptions. It's not VO's fault. It is perhaps the fault of the Policy makers.

a. Book a refundable flight ticket and send copy of your tickets and itinerary with you. (I have personally done this two times, it always helped me)
b. In Canada weddings are very personal event (even cousins may not necessarily be invited). So perhaps for a Canadian VO it is difficult to understand why your visit to your cousin's wedding is so important. But If I were you, I would try getting a sponsorship letter from your cousin in Canada on a legal paper stating that he/she guarantees that you will return to Canada after the event.
c. Write a strong Cover letter. If you don't mind publish your cover letter on this forum (privately with few people if you like). Please do not misunderstand me and think I am saying you can't write a good cover letter. I am sure you can. However, we might be able to help you highlight some key points to help your cover letter stand out. Make sure to keep the letter short and straightforward.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_sachdeva said:

I agree to some of your points regarding visa refusal espc due to those who cheat the system...but i am disappointed to see how genuine applications are refused on a daily basis.
Just like you, I have studied here and now working..when my dad applied for a visit visa from india he was rejected coz of travel, employment reasons - none of which actually apply to him.
I have posted the whole story on the visitor section of this forum -if any of you would like to help.

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
submitted with the application
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
a_sachdeva said:

I think the way moving forward is to first apply for ATIP (detailed reasons / notes) and re-apply addressing the real reason, the VO has noted on your file. For ATIP Notes, you need someone in Canada to apply on your behalf, so check with your family members here.

Dear, Thanks for the detailed and useful input for the group. But I am afraid that I am unable to agree with your statement that visas are not rejected baseless", as they are. Lot of families and individuals are unable to visit their relatives and family in Canada due to similar comments. "Travel History" - if someone didnt need to travel abroad before, does it mean one doesn't need now and should not be permitted?????. "I am not convinced that you will leave canada before expiry of visit visa..".. How anyone can judge it, when especially do not have in-person interview even??????? In fact i know many cases where people have shown their ties in home country like aged parents, good jobs, considerable property etc but still refused.

You are right, policies need to be updated or we Canadians should stop saying that "We believe in diversity and re-unification of families" when we do not allow 60% of the applicants to even temporarily visit their friends and families. (I advocate for the genuine applicants)