Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Hi everyone! Two questions here:

1. My boyfriend is sponsoring me under common-law (I'm a US citizen). My visitor visa expired February 2nd, to which I accidentally overstayed one day, and applied for restoration immediately. I've been checking the processing times for that often but after not much movement (it was stuck in mid-January), I kind of had given up checking constantly. Well I just went to check again and now see it's jumped to working on February 15 applications!! Mine was submitted online on the 2nd. It's been stuck on "open" with no other activity. Did CIC forget about me?! :( I've been waiting for what feels like forever, extremely nervous about what decision will be reached because I overstayed, and now I'm worried that there is still no decision when they are a week ahead of my date. What could this mean? Do I need to call them?

2. This is a minor worry but I'd appreciate any advice all the same :p For our sponsorship application, I chose not to leave an email address for my boyfriend's stuff (and possibly mine, I can't remember) as he never checks his email anyway. Now I'm worried it'll take me a lot longer to get AOR because they have to snail-mail it instead of email. Has anyone had any issues with not leaving an email? Will this delay my AOR in any way? WILL CIC FORGET ABOUT ME AGAIN? lol.

Thanks for your help, and good luck to everyone waiting decisions.

surleplateau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ rqst'd 23-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ rcv'd 05-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2015 err?
File Transfer...
09-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Interview........
waived; IP Sep 2015
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 22-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016 YAY!!!
I dunno about the email thing, maybe someone else does.

But I did recently apply for a 2nd visitor extension in which application I mentioned our intent to file PR sponsorship that same month. I noticed that my visa extension request was weeks behind the posted "processing timeline" on CIC. I debated calling them, but figured that I was still covered under implied status, so I left it alone for about 1.5 months.

About a week or two after my Outland application got Sponsor Approval (sent to my partner's email), I got my visa extension approval. I suspect (but have no proof) that the visa officer waited to make sure that my PR app got SA before deciding to let me stay in the country.

However, that was an extension of status, not a restoration. It's possible it will be the same for you, but maybe longer due to the restoration part, or simply because they want to make sure that your PR sponsorship looks good at CIC's first glance at it (SA).

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
surleplateau said:
I dunno about the email thing, maybe someone else does.

But I did recently apply for a 2nd visitor extension in which application I mentioned our intent to file PR sponsorship that same month. I noticed that my visa extension request was weeks behind the posted "processing timeline" on CIC. I debated calling them, but figured that I was still covered under implied status, so I left it alone for about 1.5 months.

About a week or two after my Outland application got Sponsor Approval (sent to my partner's email), I got my visa extension approval. I suspect (but have no proof) that the visa officer waited to make sure that my PR app got SA before deciding to let me stay in the country.

However, that was an extension of status, not a restoration. It's possible it will be the same for you, but maybe longer due to the restoration part, or simply because they want to make sure that your PR sponsorship looks good at CIC's first glance at it (SA).
That's good to hear, thanks. Looks like early February applications will be getting AOR shortly, so hopefully I don't have to wait too much longer. :/ I never thought I'd be more nervous about this stupid visitor visa than I am my actual PR app, but this directly affects my life in the very near future so I'm just constantly stressed about it. Ugh!!