+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record

makskop

Feb 10, 2016
Should there be some message cause I didn’t receive one. I can only see the status was updated to approved and then document number with validity date but I can’t see the actual document.
I just received this letter:

“Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact IRCC .”

There’s no condition for the medicals in this document. This is so confusing.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

“Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact IRCC .”

It may not have been explicitly said but if you were given a request for a medical you have to do it.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
If they have a TRV your parents should be providing proof of their own finances to extend their stay. You can include your finances as secondary information,
Ok,but my parents are retired . they dont have enough funds to support themselves in Canada .In that case ,I believe,I can show the letter.

Even For TRV ,the cic website says the applicant's family or friend can submit a written statement .

"
Temporary residents must have evidence that they can support themselves and any accompanying dependents while in Canada. That evidence may include one of the following:

• cash, certified cheque, bank draft or money order in an amount large enough to cover all reasonable expenses to be incurred during the stay in Canada
  • verbal or written statements, which can be confirmed, that satisfy an officer that sufficient financial support from friends and/or family is available and has been arranged to adequately cover all reasonable expenses to be incurred during the stay in Canada."
Temporary residents: Proof of Funds / Financial Support - Canada.ca

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok,but my parents are retired . they dont have enough funds to support themselves in Canada .In that case ,I believe,I can show the letter.

Even For TRV ,the cic website says the applicant's family or friend can submit a written statement .

"
Temporary residents must have evidence that they can support themselves and any accompanying dependents while in Canada. That evidence may include one of the following:

• cash, certified cheque, bank draft or money order in an amount large enough to cover all reasonable expenses to be incurred during the stay in Canada
  • verbal or written statements, which can be confirmed, that satisfy an officer that sufficient financial support from friends and/or family is available and has been arranged to adequately cover all reasonable expenses to be incurred during the stay in Canada."
Temporary residents: Proof of Funds / Financial Support - Canada.ca
You can try but visitors being able to support themselves is the preferred option.

urvish29

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
Oshawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-09-2017
Doc's Request.
18-10-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
22-11-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
28-11-2017
Interview........
PENDING
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2018
LANDED..........
08-03-2018
Hello everyone, I am applying for my parents visitor record. DO they need to get the medical done as well ? In supported documents and questionnaires', I did not see that kind of any option. Please help.

In question: Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year? My parents are in Canada since November and they have not been outside Canada since then, What should I answer?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone, I am applying for my parents visitor record. DO they need to get the medical done as well ? In supported documents and questionnaires', I did not see that kind of any option. Please help.

In question: Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year? My parents are in Canada since November and they have not been outside Canada since then, What should I answer?

1. Look at the list of designated countries (Not Canada) and if they lived in one of them for 6 months or more before they entered Canada, they will require a medical.

SubaRaj

Sep 9, 2022

Did you get the medical for your parents?
I am in the same boat.

SubaRaj

Sep 9, 2022
Hi Guys,

I am in process of applying a visitor record from my parents. The visa is going to expire in 28 days from now .Please respond to below doubt :

1 Do we need to provide letter of explanation to explain the reason ?

Reason I am asking this is because in the Letter of Financial support I have mentioned that I need to spend some more time with them before they return to home country as we had been staying away for past 2 years due to pandemic.
Can you apply for visa extension if you have less than 30 days?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Thank you for your reply
Did you get the extension for your parents?
NO ,it was in process.
My parents left for India on August 10th and then I had sent a webform to IRCC to withdraw application.
I got a reply in last week of August from them that they have added a note on my file and will refund if eligible .

I didn't get biometric request as well.

Now ,I will be applying their supervisa in October .

Amansethi86

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021

Hi ,

I would like to know about the letter of explanation of extension as i want my parents to extend their stay...is there any format for letter..and what to write in the letter...it would be good enough if you share yours to me on my email id..

Sb_93

Nov 8, 2020
Hi,

I wanted to ask you for any update on your visitor record application. Did you get any reply to your visitor record application?
I applied for the visitor record for my parents on August 26th, 2021 (a month before their 6 month stay period) but haven't got the reply till now? Also, till the time there is no decision on their application, they are allowed to stay in Canada, right?
As per this link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/after-apply.html

"If your status expires
If you apply to extend your stay in Canada before the date you’re supposed to leave, you can legally stay in Canada until a decision is made on your application. In this situation, you have maintained your status."