Visitor Record

Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello, need a suggestion. My Mother is currently in Canada and I am submitting a visitor record to extend her stay in Canada. In document checklist she has to upload 'Proof of Means of Financial Support '. Can I attach a letter that I will sponsor her stay or did she need her own bank balance and funds?

Sb_93

Nov 8, 2020
I will suggest to attach everything. Her bank account statements.

And your paystubs and tax return docs, etc along with a letter stating that she have funds in her bank account however you are also going to financially support her stay in Canada if needed.

More info you add, better it is.

Ps. I am saying this by experience, i just got my wife's visitor record.

Reactions: Souviksen007

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hello All,

I am about to submmit my wife's Visitor Record. She has been here for 5 months now, and we have not receive an AOR from the spousal sponsorship application. Does she needs to complete a medical exam before we applied for the visitor record? Also, Is there a guideline on how to submit the visitor record?

Regards

Sb_93

Nov 8, 2020
You dont need an AoR to submit visitor record.
You just need to explain why you need to extend her stay in canada. In that case, you can mention that you are waiting for her Permanently residency file to be approved and mention all other information about the file.

If you google "Apply visitor record Canada" you will get the required information you need.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
I already submitted a visitor extension application before 1 month and half of the leaving date. I know I can stay in canada legally until the decision is made (implied status). Do I need to wait until they start working on my application or tell me that it is completed and they are processing it to be under implied status? or just submitting the application will give the implied status

Sb_93

Nov 8, 2020
Just applying the file gives you the implied status.
I already submitted a visitor extension application before 1 month and half of the leaving date. I know I can stay in canada legally until the decision is made (implied status). Do I need to wait until they start working on my application or tell me that it is completed and they are processing it to be under implied status? or just submitting the application will give the implied status

Reactions: rmtl

mandeep_29

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Hi guys,
My mother is here in Canada on a super visa and her visa and passport both expiring in May. I renewed her passport, can I apply for her super visa extension now? Or I have to apply for visitor record ? Or she have to go back and apply again any suggestions?
I need advice on this.

Thanks

Sb_93

Nov 8, 2020
I believe that you need to have atleast 6 Months of validity. However please do check the forms

pradeepmohan

May 1, 2019
Hello everyone, I am applying for my parents visitor record. DO they need to get the medical done as well ? In supported documents and questionnaires', I did not see that kind of any option. Please help.

In question: Is your family member staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year? My parents are in Canada since November and they have not been outside Canada since then, What should I answer?
Can you please tell me if you did upfront medicals for your parents and did the extension got approved. Thanks