28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day,

If we don't apply for visitor extension, can we just leave the country, let's say go south an come back?

Thank you
You can - but no guaranteed you'll be allowed back in. Generally it's better to apply for an extension rather than trying a border run.

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
You can - but no guaranteed you'll be allowed back in. Generally it's better to apply for an extension rather than trying a border run.
Why there is no guarantee that I will be allowed back in, if the visa is multi entry for several years?

Melita

Apr 24, 2019
Hello! I will tell you a couple of things that might help you to take a good decision.

-So first of all, you can just apply if you are within 90 days of your refusal notice

- meantime you wait for the answer you are allow to be in the country, so I wish you luck to get the answer before you guys leave. You don't have any status but you are legal in the country

- you need to know the reasons why you got your application denied. So in your letter you need to prove you don't want to stay longer, or forever. In my case I made a good letter, I showed the contract which said the day until I paid the apartment, the money I have in Canadian accounts+ mine own from my country and some good reasons why I'm not planning on staying forever there. And last but not least, I didn't ask for 3-4 months I wrote "20 of June" to prepare my departure and my place was rented til that point.

If you decide to stay without doing anything probably nothing will happen because they won't be looking for you, they don't have that time . But you risk when you try to come back, that they ask you some questions or the possibility of not letting you in.

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hello! I will tell you a couple of things that might help you to take a good decision.

-So first of all, you can just apply if you are within 90 days of your refusal notice

- meantime you wait for the answer you are allow to be in the country, so I wish you luck to get the answer before you guys leave. You don't have any status but you are legal in the country

- you need to know the reasons why you got your application denied. So in your letter you need to prove you don't want to stay longer, or forever. In my case I made a good letter, I showed the contract which said the day until I paid the apartment, the money I have in Canadian accounts+ mine own from my country and some good reasons why I'm not planning on staying forever there. And last but not least, I didn't ask for 3-4 months I wrote "20 of June" to prepare my departure and my place was rented til that point.

If you decide to stay without doing anything probably nothing will happen because they won't be looking for you, they don't have that time . But you risk when you try to come back, that they ask you some questions or the possibility of not letting you in.

What do you mean by refusal notice ? We have a valid multi entry visitor visa. By law, if there is no stamp put in the passport upon our arrival to Canada, we can't stay more than 6 months at once after we arrived, but we would like to stay longer, as we stay with our daughter and son in law.
We want to extend our visit by applying for visitor record. Where we have to write the reason of extension when we apply? Is it a similar process as applying for a Visitor visa?

Melita

Apr 24, 2019
Sorryci thought u got a refusal I just came here to update about my status of application, but if I were you I would do the extension try to show as much as you can and give good reasons why you want to stay longer and not go out and come back since you have a multy entry visa. You need to do it before you visa expires just write in the searcher in the website: extension of status and that's it , about the stamps in the passport it doesn't matter too much BC you know the time you are allow I'm Canada .

MayaL

May 2, 2016
Hi All; I have a question. We have applied for visitor visa extension for my mother in the month of May and last Friday we got a request to do medicals and we have booked for medicals for tomorrow. Surprisingly we got the confirmation from CIC that my mother's application is approved and the visitor record has been sent o our address.

Do we still need to go for medicals or can ignore it cause the application is approved? Any quick suggestion is highly appreciated. TIA.

Below is from myCIC :

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • May 21, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • June 26, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.