+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record - Remote Work

Acidionis

Mar 8, 2024
Hello All,

So, I married a Canadian girl december 17th of last year (2023). I have been living with her for over a year and am working on getting all the paperwork to have her sponsor me for PR. However, after I had moved here and I was settled in, my company (who i work full time remote for) said they do not condone working remotely from Canada. Now, I have looked up the laws and from what I can tell, while im here on a visitor record, I can work remotely just fine. The issue becomes when I get my PR. It seems like ill just have to pay extra taxes. Am I wrong in this assessment? Do I owe taxes for working from Canada this year while on a visitor record?

Thanks in Advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

So, I married a Canadian girl december 17th of last year (2023). I have been living with her for over a year and am working on getting all the paperwork to have her sponsor me for PR. However, after I had moved here and I was settled in, my company (who i work full time remote for) said they do not condone working remotely from Canada. Now, I have looked up the laws and from what I can tell, while im here on a visitor record, I can work remotely just fine. The issue becomes when I get my PR. It seems like ill just have to pay extra taxes. Am I wrong in this assessment? Do I owe taxes for working from Canada this year while on a visitor record?

Thanks in Advance
Does your employer have offices in Canada or any customers or clients in Canada?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello All,

Thanks in Advance
It’s probably they don’t allow one to work remotely outside the United States.
Country laws are one thing , companies policies are another

Did you ask them if you could ?

Last edited: