+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record Refused

vegetasama

Jan 23, 2019
Hi guys i came to canada in 2015 on a study permit which i extended in 2017 and got an extension till 2018 sept. i applied for a visitor extension before my study permit expired and got a refusal in december. The reason was a template refusal stating that the officer is not satisfied that i will leave canada. The reason for refusal(i believe) is because i attached a letter from an employer with his details stating that he has applied for a lmia for a supervisor position, my lawyer suggested that i should do so.
I am out of status right now and would like to apply for a restoration of status but im not sure if it will get approved and what i should write in the reason this time. My plan is to file for a work permit once i get status in canada with lmia..
does anyone have any suggestions about the reason i should write for staying in canada or why i need a visitor record..?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Your lawyer should not have told you to do that. Basically you have told the officer that you intend to work. A visitor visa does not allow you to work, only visit, so that is why you were (in my opinion) correctly refused. Are you thinking of applying for restoration of your student status? You will probably have to leave and apply for a work permit with the LMIA attached.

vegetasama

Jan 23, 2019
Your lawyer should not have told you to do that. Basically you have told the officer that you intend to work. A visitor visa does not allow you to work, only visit, so that is why you were (in my opinion) correctly refused. Are you thinking of applying for restoration of your student status? You will probably have to leave and apply for a work permit with the LMIA attached.
i am planning of restoration for visit..ill apply again but need a valid reason to get status..do you have any suggestions?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Others may comment, but I don't think you can get a restoration of a Visit Visa when you have never had one. Unfortunately now, as your lawyer got you to put in the employer letter, you have very little chance of getting a visitor visa, as they think/know you are planning to work now. I don't really think you have a valid reason to get status, unless it's to work or study.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Think you will find your previous application will play heavily into any decision from IRCC. You’ve made your intentions known and they will likely base any decision on what has already been presented as your intent. Any changes now will just be seen as an effort to deflect from your actual intent.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys i came to canada in 2015 on a study permit which i extended in 2017 and got an extension till 2018 sept. i applied for a visitor extension before my study permit expired and got a refusal in december. The reason was a template refusal stating that the officer is not satisfied that i will leave canada. The reason for refusal(i believe) is because i attached a letter from an employer with his details stating that he has applied for a lmia for a supervisor position, my lawyer suggested that i should do so.
I am out of status right now and would like to apply for a restoration of status but im not sure if it will get approved and what i should write in the reason this time. My plan is to file for a work permit once i get status in canada with lmia..
does anyone have any suggestions about the reason i should write for staying in canada or why i need a visitor record..?
What date was given in the refusal letter for status expiry?

You can apply for Restoration as a visitor but there is no point in trying to give any other reason. IRCC already knows from the first app.

vegetasama

Jan 23, 2019
What date was given in the refusal letter for status expiry?

You can apply for Restoration as a visitor but there is no point in trying to give any other reason. IRCC already knows from the first app.
i got my refusal on Dec 4 so assuming i have 90 days to restore my status i want to try again but i will need a solid reason if i want to get the status which is looking very difficult at the moment looking at the responses

vegetasama

Jan 23, 2019
Think you will find your previous application will play heavily into any decision from IRCC. You’ve made your intentions known and they will likely base any decision on what has already been presented as your intent. Any changes now will just be seen as an effort to deflect from your actual intent.
if i apply for restoration with a one way ticket back home after 3 months and tell them that i want to visit some friends in different provinces like AB or BC etc(i live in ON), do you think there is a slight chance with the ticket?like ill post the ticket along with the link that shows its still valid and when ill be leaving etc. Do you think it may help?