+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor record, proof of fund - help needed

indocanadian student

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope everyone is keeping safe right now.
I am applying for a visitor record for my mother (who is visiting me right now on visitor multiple entry visa and her status is till next month). I have filled the application online. However I am stuck at a point, and I was hoping if someone can give me an idea about it. I don't know what to put in the proof of the fund section? I mean in the application I have stated that I would be supporting her financially for the next 4 more months. But I am not clear on what to put in the proof, she doesn't have a Canadian bank account, so I would be putting mine. But what do I put?
If anyone has recently applied or applying, it can give me an insight into their approach please
thank you in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I am applying for a visitor record for my mother (who is visiting me right now on visitor multiple entry visa and her status is till next month). I have filled the application online. However I am stuck at a point, and I was hoping if someone can give me an idea about it. I don't know what to put in the proof of the fund section? I mean in the application I have stated that I would be supporting her financially for the next 4 more months. But I am not clear on what to put in the proof, she doesn't have a Canadian bank account, so I would be putting mine. But what do I put?
If anyone has recently applied or applying, it can give me an insight into their approach please
thank you in advance
1. Your bank statement, your NOA from CRA should be sufficient.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Disagree you should be including her international bank account since visitors are required to be able to prove they can fund their own visit. Would also include proof of your own savings.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you are really funny.
Not sure why you think wasting people’s money is funny if people can complete the application themselves. Many do it with no problem and there are so many consultants and lawyers who make mistakes and charge a fortune. To be fair there are also competent immigration consultants and lawyers who charge a fair fee but why waste the money when you don’t need to.

hasan629

Jul 2, 2013
thank you in advance
Hi were you able to get extension... if yes How you solved your proof of funds issue?

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Hi

I just had a question regarding providing financial proof in the form of a bank draft in convertible currency:

It's listed as an option on the CIC website and so I wanted to know whether providing that would prevent me having to show 4 months worth of bank statements?