+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record application less then 30 days

Divya_S

Aug 13, 2018
Hi everyone, I need a quick opinion on my situation. I had a baby in September and my mom came from india to visit to look after myself and the baby. I got a great job offer and I went back to work right after 3 months of giving birth. We initially planned that my mom would stay for 6 months which will be be April 05. We have already missed the 30 day rule for applying extension can we still apply for extension as visitor record on cic mentions as long “as your current status is not expired”, but there is another thing which says apply before 30 days from the expiry of your current status. I’m so stressed? Can we still apply? Also would she require an upfront medical? Prior filling up the application for extension?

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi everyone, I need a quick opinion on my situation. I had a baby in September and my mom came from india to look after myself and the baby. I got a great job offer and I went back to work right after 3 months of giving birth. We initially planned that my mom would stay for 6 months which will be be April 05. We have already missed the 30 day rule for applying extension can we still apply for extension as visitor record on cic mentions as long “as your current status is not expired”, but there is another thing which says apply before 30 days from the expiry of your current status. I’m so stressed? Can we still apply? Also would she require an upfront medical? Prior filling up the application for extension?
1. There is no 30 day rule. You can apply for an extension up to the expiry date of the visitor record.
2. Apply for the extension, if approved, it would likely be for 30 days until she has a medical.

Divya_S

Aug 13, 2018
Hi

1. There is no 30 day rule. You can apply for an extension up to the expiry date of the visitor record.
2. Apply for the extension, if approved, it would likely be for 30 days until she has a medical.
Did you mean 30 days after approval?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, I need a quick opinion on my situation. I had a baby in September and my mom came from india to look after myself and the baby. I got a great job offer and I went back to work right after 3 months of giving birth. We initially planned that my mom would stay for 6 months which will be be April 05. We have already missed the 30 day rule for applying extension can we still apply for extension as visitor record on cic mentions as long “as your current status is not expired”, but there is another thing which says apply before 30 days from the expiry of your current status. I’m so stressed? Can we still apply? Also would she require an upfront medical? Prior filling up the application for extension?
Just warning you that if your mother is asking to extend her visit to provide childcare that will likely be denied because it is considered working illegally.

Divya_S

Aug 13, 2018
Just warning you that if your mother is asking to extend her visit to provide childcare that will likely be denied because it is considered working illegally.
She’s not Working , she is my mom and she came to visit me since I had a baby, and not to provide childcare. But I get your point.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She’s not Working , she is my mom and she came to visit me since I had a baby, and not to provide childcare. But I get your point.
You indicated that you went back to work. If she is looking after your child while you are at work it is considered taking away a job from someone able to work in Canada and working illegally.

buenapilapil

Sep 22, 2022
Hi everyone, I need a quick opinion on my situation. I had a baby in September and my mom came from india to visit to look after myself and the baby. I got a great job offer and I went back to work right after 3 months of giving birth. We initially planned that my mom would stay for 6 months which will be be April 05. We have already missed the 30 day rule for applying extension can we still apply for extension as visitor record on cic mentions as long “as your current status is not expired”, but there is another thing which says apply before 30 days from the expiry of your current status. I’m so stressed? Can we still apply? Also would she require an upfront medical? Prior filling up the application for extension?
Hi, were you able to able apply for a visitor record for your mom and extend her stay? Thank you :)